After being informed that relatives of a 27 year old man who was suffering brain death agreed to donate his organs, the National Organ Coordination Center worked with the hospital and the Central Hospital in the central province of Thua Thien Hue to transport the heart from Hanoi to Hue for an operation on a 55 year old man who is in need of a heart transplant to save his life.
Storage and preservation solutions are transported to the donor hospital within the temperature-controlled polyurethane container, and the organs are returned in the same container. Moreover, medics in the transplant team carried out technique to “wash” the donor heart in ambulance to save time.
The donor kidneys and liver were transplanted for three people in Viet – Duc Hospital while the heart was transported to Thua Thien- Hue for a transplantation on a man who suffers the last stage of heart failure.
The heart recipient was recovering and could talk to medics on January 31.
By NGUYEN QUOC – Translated by UYEN PHUONG
- Student needing a heart transplant was told by doctors that her symptoms were ‘exam stress’
- My Heart Transplant Experience After Congestive Heart Failure
- Co Tyrone pair saved by heart transplants in appeal for more donors
- Girl's tragic final words to family before dying after failed heart transplant
- Pig-to-human heart transplants 'one step closer' after success with baboons
- One more cross-country heart transplantation in Hue
- Brothers both need heart transplant at 46
- Texas hospital's heart transplant program resumes after 2-week suspension
- Story of heart transplant hero Max Johnson, 10, sparks 500% rise in organ donors