Reporters at the International Media Centre for the DPRK-USA Hanoi Summit Vietnam (Photo: VNA)
Hundreds of reporters of Vietnamese and foreign media agencies have always stayed ready at the areas expected to be the venues for the summit’s activities for several days now.
Each agency has its own way to get the best-quality images and information on the event. MBC News, a TV channel of the Republic of Korea (RoK), has stationed their studio on the roof of the Hanoi Daewoo Hotel to make an aerial view of the Vietnamese capital the background of their programme.
Others like Yonhap of the RoK, NHK of Japan and CNN of the US have also brought along all necessary equipment so as to make updated reports anywhere and at any time.
Eun Sung-lee, a cameraman of Yonhap News TV, said their reporters have come to Hanoi in two groups. The first were here from February 16 to report on preparations for the summit and later returned the RoK, while the second has been present in Hanoi since February 24 to cover official developments of the summit.
Meanwhile, the Vietnam News Agency has sent tens of reporters and technicians equipped with modern facilities to make news updates. They also showed their excitement having a chance to cover this event.
Aside from the summit, foreign reporters have also posted stories about Hanoi – the summit’s venue – and the hospitality of Vietnamese people. Many of them have expressed their feelings about local food and culture through their Twitter feeds.
Nearly 3,000 reporters of more than 200 media agencies from about 40 countries and territories, along with 550 Vietnamese reporters, have registered to report on the summit. This is considered a chance for Vietnam to promote itself as a peaceful, beautiful, safe and hospitable destination.
- Int’l media anticipates outcomes of DPRK-USA Hanoi summit
- US-DPRK Summit 2019: Int’l media anticipates outcomes of DPRK-USA Hanoi summit
- What to expect from the upcoming DPRK-USA Hanoi Summit
- Japanese media highlight Vietnam’s role in hosting DPRK-USA Hanoi Summit
- Vietnam launches stamp set to welcome DPRK-USA Hanoi summit
- DPRK-USA Hanoi Summit
- Prime Minister inspects media center serving DPRK-USA Hanoi Summit
- DPRK-USA Hanoi Summit to help enhance Vietnam’s position
- Spontaneous decisions likely to be made at DPRK-USA Hanoi Summit