The security measure will be focused in and around the Sultan Hotel in South Jakarta, the debate’s venue.
In line with the security measure, three security rings will be set up, with the first to be handled by the presidential security forces, the second by the joint military and police team, and the third by police officers.
Indonesia will organise simultaneous legislative and presidential elections on April 17 across the country. There will be a total of five presidential election debates prior to the voting day.
Incumbent Joko Widodo and presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto will meet in the second presidential debate on February 17, featuring the five themes of energy, the environment, infrastructure, food, and natural resources.
The first debate took place on January 17, based on the themes of the law, human rights, terrorism, and corruption.
The third debate, scheduled for March 17 will focus on education, healthcare, human resources, and social and cultural topics.
The fourth debate, a fortnight later, will have candidates discuss ideology, the government, defence and security, and international relations.
No date has yet been decided for the fifth debate which will look at the economy, social welfare, finance and investment, and trade and industry. –VNA
- I'm not a Russian asset! Tulsi Gabbard makes bizarre boast during 2020 debate as she accuses U.S. of trying to fight 'regime change wars' in the Middle East
- Indonesia's decade of direct local elections threatened
- Indonesians to vote in world's biggest single-day election
- Is Indonesia’s Widodo soft on security?
- Rough waters ahead the East Vietnam Sea in 2016
- Vladimir Putin is back in the house
- Dave Barry: Can you believe it?
- South Africa: CSA Sends Condolences to Ngidi Family
- Democracy Now’s “Alt Media” Platform for Humanitarian Imperialism in Syria : Indybay