Huge numbers of visitors flocked to Huong Pagoda on its festival opening day on February 10 or the sixth day of the lunar year, causing congestion for the pagoda’s cable car system.
Crowds rushed to the pagoda from the early morning.
According to the festival organisers, roughly 80,000 people have visited the pagoda since the Lunar New Year.
On the festival opening day, the cable car system to Huong Tich Cave faced serious jams as thousands of people queued to wait for their turn.
Staff carefully instructed people onto the cable cars.
The pagoda entrance prices remained the same, but cable car return ticket increased by VND20,000.
Hot weather left many tired.
Some people sought to move to lanes which had fewer people to get their tickets more quickly
- 'Snowmageddon' coats city with light dusting, but Winter Jam festival hits Central Park
- Paul Daugherty: Day 4's not too late for the Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Parade
- Mets still can't solve Phillies as final Opening Day at Shea ends in loss
- Opening Day 2011: Fans flock to Yankee Stadium despite rain for Yanks' home opener against Tigers
- CC Sabathia not lined up to start Yankees' Opening Day, Masahiro Tanaka the likely choice
- Masahiro Tanaka will start for Yankees on Opening Day
- Bartolo Colon gets Mets' Opening Day nod ahead of Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom
- Chien-Ming Wang to start Opening Day
- CC Sabathia hopes this Opening Day will get Yankees & self started
- Mets ace Johan Santana could miss Opening Day; spring debut on hold