“I am happy and proud to see such a high-profile summit being held in Hanoi,” Nguyen Thi Yen, 25, employee of an international firm, said as she finished emailing a foreign partner. “It proves that our country is neutral, safe and effective in diplomacy.” Yen felt Vietnam’s reputation will be boosted by hosting the event. Having followed the news about the previous Trump-Kim meeting, Yen was both curious and hopeful about the outcome of this summit. “I am looking forward to the result. It’s great if they can reach an agreement,” Yen said. “I hope it can contribute to bringing peace to the region.” Yen also said this event was an opportunity for Hanoi residents to show off their fast developing city to the two leaders and the rest of the world. “Some of my foreign friends think that Vietnam is very poor right now,” said Yen, whose study and business trips to Europe and other Asian countries have allowed her to make many foreign friends and partners. “I think the summit can make more and more people to really understand what’s happening in our country,” Yen said, looking down on the streets from her 20th floor office in one… Read full this story
- Trump Kim summit: North Korea eyes 'new relationship' with US
- Trump-Kim summit: Koreans 'see peace being taken away'
- Trump Kim summit: Who are North Korea's running bodyguards?
- Trump-Putin Summit: U.S. Could Strike a Deal That Poses an 'Existential Threat' to American Allies, Former President of Georgia Says
- Chile suspends hosting APEC, COP25 summits
- Minor Rallies Planned During Trump-Putin Summit in Helsinki - Police
- South Korea's President Moon Says Trump-Kim Handshake at DMZ Would Be ‘Significant Milestone’
- DPRK, South Korea Intelligence Chiefs Met After Trump-Kim Hanoi Summit - Reports
- Pentagon Acknowledges North Korea's ICBMs Can Hit 'Anywhere in US' Amid Trump-Kim Thaw
- Erdogan says to host 2nd quadruple summit on Syria in Feb.
Hanoians chuffed to host Trump-Kim summit have 332 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.