Digital transformation continues to be important as companies of all sizes modernize their operations. For large organizations, “becoming digital” is a complex effort that involves technology and business process changes together with adopting new mindsets, business models, and corporate cultures.Given all these components, we can hardly overstate the complexity of genuine digital transformation. MUST READDigital Transformation: Energy Technology and ITAdversarial AI: Cybersecurity battles are comingPractical CIO: Agility, speed, and business alignmentVodafone exec talks 5G, autonomous vehicles, virtual surgery, security and moreInfrastructure and energy giant, ABB, is currently undertaking a large-scale program of digital transformation. With $36 billion in revenue and 135,000 employees, the company is driving change across its large portfolio of operations. The firm traces its founding back to 1883.ABB describes its offering within two value propositions: “bringing electricity from power plant to plug” and “automating industries from natural resources to finished products.” These broad points cover the extensive scope of the company’s operations.To explore ABB’s transformation, I spoke with the company’s Chief Digital Officer, Guido Jouret, on episode 312 of the CXOTalk series of conversations with the world’s top innovators in business and technology. Although the discussion was wide-ranging, two broad themes emerged: the industrial internet of things… Read full this story
- Global Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Market Size Will Grow $232.15 Bn by 2023: Zion Market Research
- Age of automation: Is digital transformation just a fad?
- How to Make Sense of Digital Transformation 2.0
- Digital Transformation Market Expecting to Grow at CAGR of +18% By Component, Deployment Type, Region – Forecast to 2023
- VMware Accelerates Indian Digital Transformation
- Three’s Jackie Glynn: ‘Digital transformation should be a collaborative effort’
- Obama’s Digital Director Heads To Johannesburg For Digital Transformation Congress
- Ameri100 Announces Its Participation at SAPPHIRE NOW® to Showcase Cloud-based, IoT and Digital Transformation Services
- Digital content industry on track for Bt26 bn mark
- Payportal. Creating a niche in the digital payment industry
Digital transformation and the industrial internet of things at energy giant ABB (CxOTalk interview) have 329 words, post on www.zdnet.com at February 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.