Digital transformation continues to be important as companies of all sizes modernize their operations. For large organizations, “becoming digital” is a complex effort that involves technology and business process changes together with adopting new mindsets, business models, and corporate cultures.Given all these components, we can hardly overstate the complexity of genuine digital transformation. MUST READDigital Transformation: Energy Technology and ITAdversarial AI: Cybersecurity battles are comingPractical CIO: Agility, speed, and business alignmentVodafone exec talks 5G, autonomous vehicles, virtual surgery, security and moreInfrastructure and energy giant, ABB, is currently undertaking a large-scale program of digital transformation. With $36 billion in revenue and 135,000 employees, the company is driving change across its large portfolio of operations. The firm traces its founding back to 1883.ABB describes its offering within two value propositions: “bringing electricity from power plant to plug” and “automating industries from natural resources to finished products.” These broad points cover the extensive scope of the company’s operations.To explore ABB’s transformation, I spoke with the company’s Chief Digital Officer, Guido Jouret, on episode 312 of the CXOTalk series of conversations with the world’s top innovators in business and technology. Although the discussion was wide-ranging, two broad themes emerged: the industrial internet of things… Read full this story
- Connections and UiPath signed a partnership to support digital transformation
- PM declares victory over ‘Big Six’ energy giants as Parliament passes price cap
- Drax share price tumbles as energy giant reveals pre-tax loss
- Energy giant Ineos loses court battle over Scottish government's 'fracking ban'
- Energy giant Ineos to invest £2.3bn in two new European chemical plants
- Renewed call from wind energy giant for firms to pitch their services
- China Energy Giant ‘Confident’ U.S. Energy Ties Set to Deepen
- Iceberg opens Digitalise SME, a project to support digital transformation of companies
- Digital transformation roadmap finalized
- French Energy Giant Says Will Exit Iran Unless U.S. Sanctions Waived
Digital transformation and the industrial internet of things at energy giant ABB (CxOTalk interview) have 325 words, post on www.zdnet.com at February 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.