The awards aim to recognize outstanding works in disseminating information and promoting understanding about the Party’s policies and Party building work.
The jury selected 56 outstanding works from more than 1,800 entries to present four A prizes, 10 B prizes, 15 C prizes and 25 consolation prizes.
Addressing the event, National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan said the awards not only encourage reporters and news agencies to disseminate information and promote understanding about the Party’s policies, but also serve as an opportunity to review Party building tasks over the past year.
|Leaders of the Party, the military and the Vietnam Journalists’ Association in a group photo with reporters of the People’s Army Newspaper who won a B prize|
The award drew the participation of people from all walks of life, both at home and abroad, showing the increasing attention of the public to the Party’s activities, she said.
The entries reflected Party building tasks over the past year, with many entries reporting on the fight against deterioration in political ideology, morality and lifestyle among a portion of Party members and against corruption and wastefulness.
They also covered the Doi Moi (renewal) cause, the restructuring of the political apparatus and training of officials of different levels.
Many models of good practice and good Party members were also reported.
The top legislator said those press works contributed to Party building and the fight against wrongful and distorted allegations by hostile forces, thus strengthening trust in the Party among people, State cadres and Party members.
The awards also reflect the hard work of reporters and editors, she said.
She took the occasion to praise the contribution of the press towards the cause of national construction in general and in Party building in particular.
- PM attends 2012 National Press Awards ceremony
- Winners of Press Awards in Science and Technology honored
- Winners of press awards on poverty reduction efforts honored
- Articles on corruption and wastefulness prevention honored
- The 2018 Wypipo Awards
- And The Winner Is: Will Awards And Contests Lead To Bigger Things?
- CHS teen offers financial advice, wins national essay competition
- Beachwood’s new dog park starts off on right paw: Press Run
- Award Wins Can Help Build Brand and Sales - Here's How