January 15, 2019 | 10:10 am GMT+7
Two Vietnamese designers Nguyen Cong Tri (L) and Phuong My will showcase their collections at the New York Fashion Week (NYFW) next month. Photo acquired by VnExpress
Two renowned Vietnamese designers will showcase their collections at the New York Fashion Week (NYFW) next month.
This is the first time Vietnamese designers have been invited to introduce their latest collections at one of the ‘Big Four’ fashion weeks in the world.
The official website of the NYFW, which is usually held in February and September each year as a semi-annual series of events generally lasting seven to nine days, has released an official list of designers for its upcoming show in February.
For the very first time, Vietnamese designers Nguyen Cong Tri and Phuong My are on the list.
Tri, a leading name in Vietnam’s fashion scene, is set to join hands with New York-based Kate Young, one of the most in-demand stylists in Hollywood, for the upcoming event.
“Each of his collection is state-of-the-art and a fascinating story to be told,” the NYFW’s official website writes in its introduction to Tri.
The 41-year-old designer has become widely known since he dressed global celebrities like Rihanna and Gwen Stefani.
Three Cong Tri designs worn onstage by Katy Perry in her concert in Montreal, Quebec in September 2017. Photo acquired by VnExpress
My, 31, whose collections highlight the beauty of Asian women, has also gained fame in the fashion industry at home and abroad.
“Designer Phuong My is well-known for her signature silhouette featuring hour glass, cocoon shape in the lower parts of dresses that highlight the beauty of women’s shape,” an official description posted on the NYFW’s official website.
Phuong My showcases her design at the Vancouver Spring Summer Fashion Week on September 17, 2018 for the first time. Photo acquired by VnExpress
The New York Fashion Week will begin on February 8 and is scheduled to wrap up on February 16.
- Cong Tri debuts collection at New York Fashion Week
- Phuong My debuts collection at New York Fashion Week
- Phuong My to debut collection at New York Fashion Week Bridal 2019
- Designer Cong Tri to make New York Fashion Week return
- Designer Cong Tri to return to New York Fashion Week
- New York Fashion Week sees stunning designs of Cong Tri
- Models make catwalk debut at New York Fashion Week
- Vietnamese designer deploys a star cast for a celestial play
- Beyoncé stuns in Vietnamese designer’s dress for movie premiere