Police officers stand guard at Victoria Station in Manchester, England, after a man stabbed three people. (Source: Pat Hurst/PA via AP) The 25-year-old man who was arrested at the scene on Monday night is now being detained under a mental health law, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said late on Tuesday. The suspect reportedly shouted “Allah” and “long live the Caliphate” during what GMP Chief Constable Ian Hopkins called a “horrific attack” on three people, including a police officer. “(The) man arrested last night … following the incident at Manchester Victoria Station has been assessed by specialist medical staff and detained under the Mental Health Act,” GMP said in a statement. “The Counter Terrorism investigation remains ongoing. “There is nothing to suggest the involvement of other people in this attack, but confirming this remains a main priority for the investigation,” the force added. Officers are still searching an address in the northwestern English city “which is believed to be where the man had most recently been living”, according to Hopkins. A man and a woman, both in their 50s, were being treated in hospital Tuesday after sustaining serious but not life-threatening injuries to their abdomens, while the British Transport Police officer… Read full this story
- Kamala Harris proposes doubling mental health treatment beds
- Florida hires first mental health coordinator for disasters
- Children with mental health problems 'are having to attempt SUICIDE' to get treatment because NHS trusts are turning them away 'unless they have severe symptoms'
- Tots as young as TWO suffer mental health problems – with 1 in 8 kids at risk, NHS warns
- Children battling mental health issues denied NHS help until they’re close to suicide
- People with terminal illness badly need mental health support. My wife was one
- Hundreds of mental health patients will spend Christmas in hospitals more than 60 miles from home
- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf Announces Sweeping Effort To Improve Mental Health Services, Combat Stigma
- Forget New Year’s resolutions, I’m putting my mental health first
- Five ways to improve your mental health in 2020
UK "terrorist" stabbing suspect held under mental health law have 348 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.