Vice Chairman Kim Yong Chol, a right-hand man to the North Korean strongman, met the embattled president at the White House for an unusually long 90 minutes as the countries seek a denuclearization accord that could ease decades of hostility, the White House said Friday. White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said that Trump — who has opined that he and Kim Jong Un fell “in love” after last year’s landmark first summit — would again meet the North Korean leader “near the end of February” at a location to be announced later. The latest flurry of diplomacy comes little more than a year after Trump was threatening to wipe North Korea off the map, with Pyongyang’s nuclear and missile tests rattling nerves in East Asia. Sanders praised North Korea’s efforts to reconcile but ruled out, for now, a key demand of Pyongyang — a lifting of sanctions. “The United States is going to continue to keep pressure and sanctions on North Korea until we see fully and verified denuclearization,” Sanders told reporters. “We’ve had very good steps in good faith from the North Koreans in releasing the hostages and other moves and so we’ll continue those conversations,” she said. She was… Read full this story
- Trump may meet with Covington Catholic students at White House
- Donald Trump: National champ Clemson football team to visit White House
- Trump Calls Reports Of Secret North Korean Missile Bases 'More Fake News'
- Trump Picks Budget Head Mulvaney to be Next White House Chief of Staff
- Trump invites Brindisi, Katko to discuss shutdown at White House
- Social media has a field day as Trump treats Clemson Tigers to fast food at White House
- Ivanka Trump repeatedly used personal email for government business, White House review finds
- Boston Red Sox to visit White House on Feb. 15
- President Trump announces Clemson football team will visit White House Monday
- Second Trump-Kim meeting 'within weeks'
Trump, Kim to meet anew in month after North Korean visits White House have 329 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.