Paris men’s fashion week starts Tuesday with a tsunami of new talent, the first ever Celine men’s collection but with shows also threatened by the “yellow vests” protest movement that has been shaking France. Dior moved its show from Saturday to Friday to avoid the weekly Paris demonstrations which often turn violent after its flagship shop on the Champs Elysees was looted after a march in November. Several other luxury brands have been targeted by the “yellow vests” activists, with boarded-up boutiques regularly scrawled with graffiti denouncing the rich. Japanese label Sacai, Andrea Crews, Namacheko and the American Thom Browne have also rescheduled their Saturday shows to avoid trouble from the populist street movement. But it is the boiling anger of fashion critics that reclusive superstar designer Hedi Slimane will have to face down, after they gave his first outing for Celine a kicking in October. Slimane was accused of thrashing the feminist legacy of his predecessor Phoebe Philo — a charge he is unlikely to face for the first men’s collection in Celine’s history. Another, quieter revolution is also taking place on the men’s catwalks, with an ultra-hip gang of streetwear and cult Japanese designers being welcomed into the… Read full this story
- Men’s fashion microtrend: summer goth
- Big blow to fashion calendar: Saint Laurent pulls out of Paris fashion week for rest of the year
- Baring it all in her quarantine suit! Bella Hadid poses nude for a stunning new fashion campaign that was shot in mom Yolanda's home over FaceTime
- Revolution protest: DSS seeks court order to detain Sowore for 90 days
- Saint Laurent has left the Paris schedule. Is this the end of fashion week as we know it?
- Fast fashion is going to re-think its priorities: Designer Ritu Kumar
- Vietnamese-French designer bringing Vietnam fabrics to Paris fashion week
- Donatella Versace and Adwoa Aboah honoured at UK's Fashion Awards
- Topman Design goes back to the future at London men's fashion week
- Vivienne Westwood gets political at London fashion week men's
Revolution at gates of protest-hit Paris men's fashion have 350 words, post on en.rfi.fr at January 15, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.