High-tech treatment at a Vietnam’s hospital. Photo: VNA
Among foreigners and overseas Vietnamese who used medical examination and treatment in Vietnam, some 50,000 people received inpatient treatment. The inbound patients are mainly overseas Vietnamese, some others from Laos, Cambodia and foreigners who live in Vietnam.
Foreigners living in Vietnam and overseas Vietnamese met their physicians for dental services, cardiovascular intervention, aesthetic services and some surgical diseases.
The minister pointed out that many foreign patients chose Vietnam for their treatment because of good quality service and low cost.
Tien boasted said that Vietnam’s healthcare sector has gained numerous achievements in the past years, many Vietnamese medical facilities have been updated with better technologies. Medical staff have mastered high techniques.
Therefore, the Ministry of Health is aiming to lure Vietnamese patients to undergo medical treatment in the country instead of going abroad. Preventing provincial patients to get treatment at local levels instead of flocking to urban centers is another significant target of the Vietnamese health sector.
The minister also shared her desire to build high-quality medical services so that rich patients stay in the country for medical examination and treatment.
The Ministry of Health is building modern medical treatment facilities with foreign designs such as Bach Mai Hospital and Viet Duc Hospital No.2, even inviting foreign experts as patients’ request.
Improving the quality of medical examination and treatment will be carried out comprehensively at all levels. In particular, the central level focuses on strengthening the high technology, reducing the treatment of mild patients and leaving them for to be cured at the provincial level.
- Rolling Stones postpone tour of US and Canada while 'devastated' Mick Jagger seeks medical treatment
- Barbara Bush to No Longer Seek Medical Treatment, Will 'Focus on Comfort Care'
- Saudi Arabia Forbids Citizens in Canada From Seeking Medical Treatment Amid Diplomatic Dispute
- 'I won't allow my ministers to seek medical treatment outside Zim,' says MDC's Chamisa
- Faced with long waits at home, foreign patients seek medical treatment in Turkey
- Turkey becomes go-to destination of for foreigners seeking IVF treatment
- Rolling Stones postpone US tour while Sir Mick Jagger seeks medical treatment
- Baby boy dies after his parents refused to seek medical treatment for ear infection and gave him natural remedies instead
- Musa Aman seeking medical treatment, never left country illegally — lawyer