The Duke and Duchess of Glam!
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry turned Wednesday into a date night at the circus. The royal couple went to see the latest daredevil and acrobatic talents of Cirque du Soleil’s Totem show at the Royal Albert Hall, a short drive from their home at Kensington Palace, London.
The royal mom-to-be chose a sparkly navy dress with three-quarter length sleeves and a leg slit by Roland Mouret. She carried a clutch by Givenchy (her wedding dress designer!) and wore a gold bracelet that once belonged to Princess Diana. Meghan also traded her usual natural lip shade for a bold red lipstick.
Meanwhile, Harry stuck to a classic black suit and tie. Despite their glamorous looks, the couple skipped the event’s red carpet.
The performance will raise awareness and funds for the work it does with children and young people affected by HIV in southern Africa. The evening began with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex meeting representatives from the charity and members of the Totem cast.
- Can’t get enough of PEOPLE’s Royals coverage? Sign up for our newsletterto get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more!
It came after a day of public royal events hours which saw Meghan, 37, have a cute visit with pet charity Mayhew which she adopted last week, while sister-in-law Kate Middleton went to see how costumes are made for opera (and checked out some ballet, too). Harry and Meghan got into evening wear for the night on behalf of his charity Sentebale.
As the show began, a character named Valentino, played by John Monastero, delivered an introduction from the stage, telling the audience, “Not only is it our premiere, but we also celebrate the beginning of a new partnership between Cirque Du Soleil and Sentebale. Just by being here tonight, you are allowing Sentebale to provide young people with the tools, emotional support and the networks to lead healthy, hopeful and productive lives.”
The parents-to-be stood up to acknowledge the audience from the royal box, to applause from the hall.
Harry set up Sentebale with his friend Prince Seeiso of Lesotho in 2006 and the charity works to support the mental health and wellbeing of children. It runs care and education programs to help the youngsters in Lesotho, Botswana and Malawi have the tools and knowledge they need to be healthy and happy.
Johnny Hornby, chairman of Sentebale, told reporters, “At Sentebale, a large part of our educational work with children and adolescents has focused around engaging them through play, entertainment and music.”
He added, “We’re very grateful to everyone at Cirque du Soleil for giving us the opportunity to shine a light on the work that Sentebale does to help children and young adults affected by HIV to live happy, healthy and productive lives.”
“We strive to make a difference in the lives of youths and encourage them to change the world,” saidDaniel Lamarre, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group’s chief executive. “It is because both our organizations share these very values that we will proudly dedicate our Totem premiere to the Sentebale Nights, a perfect way to allow us to raise significant funds and awareness together.”
Only last August, the couple enjoyed a gala evening out at the London production of Hamilton, which also raised money for Sentebale.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Had a Private Date Night at Tina Turner Musical
- Meghan Markle BOMBSHELL: How Duchess has 'TRANSFORMED' Prince Harry
- Meghan Markle wears Princess Diana’s bangle with dazzling £3.5K dress at Cirque du Soleil
- Behind the scenes at MSC's new Cirque du Soleil shows on MSC Bellissima
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend Cirque Du Soleil - LIVE UPDATES
- Meghan Markle sparkles in $6K worth of Roland Mouret sequins
- Meghan Markle wears sparkly halter top for date with Prince Harry
- Prince Harry and Meghan had the funnest looking date night this weekend
- Prince Harry and Meghan had the most fun date night this weekend
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle watched Tina: The Musical
- Meghan Markle making subtle wardrobe change as due date draws closer – have you noticed?
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle actually sent two Christmas cards - see the new one
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visit a boarding house in Morocco
- REVEALED: How Prince Harry's base was STORMED by insurgents in near-death experience
- This is what Prince Harry did while Meghan Markle was cuddling puppies yesterday
- Pregnant Meghan Markle plumps for shorter skirts and higher necklines
- Is heavily pregnant Meghan Markle taking things a step too far?
- Meghan Markle Won't Be Making Any More Public Appearances Until She Gives Birth, So Here's Her Most Iconic Pregnancy Looks
- Do these ENDEARING photos show Prince Harry will make a GREAT father? New snaps emerge
- Inside the Making of Meghan Markle, International Superstar
Meghan Markle Sparkles in Sequins for Magical Date Night with Prince Harry at Cirque du Soleil have 888 words, post on people.com at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.