Hello, and welcome to the first live news blog of the week.
Whether it’s a police appeal or traffic and court news, you will find everything right here. We’ll bring you all the news from across the region until 10pm tonight.
If you would like to let us know about a story, you can call us on 0115 905 1294 or email [email protected]
Follow all the latest news updates below.
M1 breakdown blocking road but recovery is underway
Forest vlogger, 14, ‘traumatised’ after he said steward ‘aggressively’ stopped him trying to film
A teenage Nottingham Forest fan who makes videos at games for his Youtube channel has been left “traumatised” following allegations a Chelsea steward was heavy-handed with him after he started to record.
But the aspiring football reporter was reduced to tears on Saturday after allegedly being held by the collar outside Stamford Bridge by an “aggressive” steward who took him to a “security room” before the FA Cup third-round clash in the capital.
His bag, which contained filming equipment such as an iPhone and microphone, was confiscated, it is claimed.
He was able to watch the match but said it marred his experience.
Girl, 11, beats the odds after coming down with serious illness just before Christmas
A brave 11-year-old girl managed to beat the odds after doctors said there was a slim chance she would come off her life support machine before Christmas Day.
Her family initially believed it was a bout of flu but Kiah Stone-Richards, of Hucknall, was rushed to hospital on Tuesday, December 17, after her lips went blue and she became unresponsive.
She was diagnosed with sepsis and pneumonia at Queen’s Medical Centre, hooked up to a life support machine as she struggled to fight the infection and couldn’t breath.
Her devastated mother, Hayley Stone, 31, a dental receptionist, described the ordeal as “the worst Christmas ever” as she struggled to remain positive for her other daughter, aged six.
Congestion on Derby Road
How are the roads looking?
The roads are looking ok so far….
– Still delays on the A46 following the earlier oil spillage
– A617 Mansfield Road at Bramley Vale – there are queues just before the M1 junction 29
Oil spillage on A46
The A46 is partially blocked due to an oil spillage on the A1 Newark showground roundabout. It happened at around 6.45am and Highways England and the council are on route to clean up the spillage.
Hi – I will be with you until 3pm today taking you through all the latest news.
Stay tuned for traffic and weather updates.
- LIVE: Breaking news in Suffolk and Essex
- Former Daily Progress photographer wins 2018 Pulitzer Prize in breaking news photography
- Ryder Cup day one LIVE: Scores and updates as dominant Europe charge towards Friday foursomes clean sweep
- Breaking News: Another Boeing 737 Max Crashes With No Survivors
- Disney Travel News Update: September 9, 2019 Edition
- Disney Travel News Update: September 16, 2019 Edition
- Weekly Disney Travel News Update: August 19, 2019 Edition
- Weekly Disney Travel News Update: August 26, 2019 Edition
- Disney Travel News Update: September 23, 2019 Edition
- Disney Travel News Update: September 30, 2019 Edition