No throw: Volunteers persuade people not to throw plastic bags into the Hồng (Red) River while releasing carp. — VNS Photo Đoàn TùngViet Nam News In Vietnamese tradition, Tết (Lunar New Year) festival actually begins with the “Ông Công – Ông Táo” (Land Genie and Kitchen Gods) ceremony on the 23rd of the last month of the lunar year, which falls on February 5 this year. On this day, every family is busy staging a farewell ceremony for the Land Genie and the Kitchen Gods on their yearly visit to the God of Heaven. As the legend goes, the Land Genie and the Kitchen Gods will ride carps to Heaven to deliver an annual report on the household’s activities to God. As the gods make their journey on the backs of fish, it is traditional to release live carp into lakes or rivers to pray for good luck. People also burn paper clothing, including hats, robes and boots intended for use by the genies on their trip to the beyond. — VNS Cleaning up: Volunteers collect plastic bags from the Hồng (Red) River. — VNS Photo Đoàn TùngJudgement day: Live carp on sale at a market in Hà Nội…. Read full this story
- Jamal Lewis Making Most of Post-NFL Life—but Preparing for Darker Days to Come
- A day in the life of #CronkBot
- Follow Along as Drivers Retrace Edsel Ford’s 1915 Cross-Country Trip in a Model T [Updated Day 30 – Monterey, California!]
- PBT Mailbag: Should Luka Doncic go No. 1 over Deandre Ayton?
- Dellwood couple adopt their grandchildren after Las Vegas shooting tragedy
- Jalen Green could be the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft, and he's so much more than just a unicorn
- FMIA: With or Without Laces, Jon Gruden Just Wants to Compete
- NFL Kickoff: Will the real Derek Carr please stand up?
- John Bailey: Farewell to Robbie
- The Legend Of Mitch Green
Kitchen Gods’ Day have 333 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.