Indian Premier League franchise Rajasthan Royals’ owners are all set to sell half of their stakes in order to give the side a much needed financial boost ahead of the 12th edition of popular league.
It has been learnt that the current franchise owners have approached key the Board of Control for Cricket in India officials and intimated their decision to sell around fifty percent of their stakes. Manoj Badale is the principal owner of Rajasthan Royals.
“Yes, Rajasthan Royals are selling a major part of their stakes and the highest bidder will be getting it. What we have heard is that it is around fifty percent and some of the biggest business houses in the country are apparently interested in buying stakes,” a senior BCCI official privy to the development said on conditions of anonymity.
While there are no confirmations as of now but Sanjeev Goenka, former IPL franchise Rising Pune Supergiants’ owner, is keen on buying stakes. Goenka could not be reached for a comment.
Another big industrialist based out of Western India with multiple business interests is also in the mix.
Goenka, who is also the principal owner of Indian Super League (ISL) team ATK, had bought the Pune franchise (Rising Pune Supergiants) for the two seasons when Rajatshan Royals and Chennai Super Kings were banned for their involvement in spot-fixing scandal.
“Mr Goenka has always been interested in coming back after he had a fairly good but short stint in the IPL. His team made it to the finals in one of the years. Let’s wait and watch how it all pans out,” the official said.
Royals have been the champions of the first edition of Indian Premier League back in 2008 under the stewardship of legendary Shane Warne.
Their reputation however took a beating back in 2013 when three cricketers S Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila were arrested on charges of spot-fixing and the franchise was subsequently banned for two years by the Supreme Court-appointed committee.
- Source: Buffalo Sabres owner undecided on selling franchise as buyer expresses interest in NHL club
- New Jersey Nets' new billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov is about to come in from the cold
- Mikhail Prokhorov has no plans to sell Nets, who lose to Hawks
- George Steinbrenner, owner of New York Yankees, has died in Tampa at age of 80 after heart attack
- Secretariat captures the Triple Crown in record time with 31-length victory at Belmont Stakes in 1973
- Friday's Best Deals: A James Bond Box Set
- New York Mets owner Fred Wilpon should consider limiting public comments, let Sandy Alderson speak
- Mexican billionaire could boost stake in NY Times
- Locals concerned about Shops at Atlas Park future with center set for auction
- Mets ownership group narrows investor search to eight as Wilpons try to sell piece of team: source
- COUNCIL PLAYS BALL. City set to hear pitches for two new stadiums
- Council set to play ball. City to hear Met, Yank pitches for new stadiums next week
- The Day at the Races: Jan. 18
- The Intrafamily Squabble For Ownership Of The Broncos Is Only Getting Uglier
- The Best Cyber Monday Clothing & Lifestyle Deals [Updating]
- Guide to the 2011 Breeders' Cup at Churchill Downs
- Saturday's Best Deals: Custom Suits, REI Clearance, Gaming Laptop, and More
- Memory lane: Woodward rewards car faithful
- Gran Alegria hints at stardom, Beauty Generation confirms stardom
- LIVE: Obama delivers State of the Union Address
IPL: Rajasthan Royals owner set to sell stakes have 548 words, post on www.rediff.com at January 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.