HCM City among must-see destinations on a world cruise.
World of Cruising advises travelers that Ho Chi Minh City is the best destination for those who love discovering culture. Ho Chi Minh City is a dynamic city that reverberates through your entire soul.
Commerce and culture merge and shift in a way seen nowhere else in the world and the chaos that this city offers will awaken your senses. While here, expect to wander through tranquil temples before engaging in a spot of haggling at the city’s famed market – Ben Thanh – for unique handcrafted souvenirs to take home, the magazine described.
Word of Cruising also suggested an excursion, if time allows, to the Cu Chi Tunnels for an eye-opening history lesson. Ho Chi Minh City is both exotic and compelling – making for an unforgettable addition to any world cruise itinerary.
Earlier, Ho Chi Minh City has been ranked 4th among the 2019’s coolest city for break destinations, according to a list released by Refinery29, a leading global media company focused on young women.
“Culture trip calls this Vietnamese metropolis a truly affordable city with a buzzing cultural scene to match,” Refinery29 wrote.
There are plenty of hidden alleyways and public art displays to explore, so make sure you try “ca phe da” (iced coffee), a traditional Vietnamese iced coffee drink that provides an energizing caffeine and sugar hit, Refinery29 advises.
The number of visitors to Ho Chi Minh in 2018 was estimated at 36.5 million, of the total, 7.5 million were foreigners, which is an increase of 17.38% against 2017 number, according to the municipal Department of Tourism.
The city enjoyed a robust growth in tourism development in 2018 with revenues of VND140 trillion (USD6.1 billion), or 21.55% increase compared to last year figure.
- Vietjet commences HCM City-Pattaya route
- Vietjet launches HCM City-Pattaya route
- HCM City solicits foreign-invested firms’ support to develop economy
- HCM City needs to fill 320,000 job vacancies next year
- HCM City kicks off tourism stimulus programme
- HCM City to spend more on road infrastructure
- HCM City to encourage school students to travel by bus
- HCM City’s longest bar serves the best of Western, Asian fare
- Vietnam National University-HCM City’s articles published in int'l journals rise
- HCM City plans new industrial zone in Binh Chanh District