HE built a pop empire with his band Take That and now Gary Barlow has designs on a new project – at his £6million Costwolds mansion.
I can reveal the singer has submitted huge plans for a new home… in his front garden.
A source said: “Gary’s not one to sit around. After winning his last bid to build a swimming pool and gym there, it’s now full steam ahead with his brand-new project to build a home, which will be erected in what is basically the front garden.
“He has applied to local planning chiefs as he needed permission to carry out internal and external alterations to the two adjoining properties he owns because one is a Grade II listed building.”
Gary was recently given the go-ahead by planning chiefs to construct a family area — including changing rooms, relaxation zone and gym — in the grounds of his 18th-century Cotswolds retreat.
The singer — who also owns an £18million pad in West London — bought the rural getaway for £2.3million in 2007 and regularly spends time at the house with wife Dawn and their three children Daniel, Emily and Daisy.
He has also been spotted at pubs near his home in the Cotswolds, where supermodel Kate Moss and TV presenter Jeremy Clarkson have properties.
Gary’s planning agent confirmed: “It is our client’s wish to apply for consent for a new dwelling on land to the front (of the house).”
Planners are expected to make a decision on Gary’s property later this month.
But there have been no objections from neighbours so far — unlike his bandmate Robbie Williams, who has been at war with his rock legend neighbour Jimmy Page over Robbie’s building renovation plans.
Robbie has reportedly been “tormenting” the Led Zeppelin star by blasting out tracks by Jimmy’s Seventies rivals Black Sabbath and even dressing up as his bandmate Robert Plant, although
Robbie has denied the allegations.
The Sun told last month how Rob won his five-year battle with the rocker over plans for a mega-basement pool at his £17.5million mansion in Kensington.
To keep the peace, Gary might think twice before inviting Rob round for a sleepover.
Virgin rebirth is just Evanly
VIRGIN founder Richard Branson has wished Chris Evans the best of luck as he gets ready to hit the airwaves tomorrow.
The business magnate said he was “excited” to see Chris, above, back where he belongs on Virgin Radio from Monday morning.
Sir Richard said: “It’s great knowing so many people will wake up to the sound of the world’s greatest radio presenter on Virgin Radio’s flagship show.”
Chris previously hosted on Virgin from 1997 until 2001. Tune in online, via the mobile Virgin Radio app and on DAB digital radio to the advert-free show from 6.30am tomorrow.
Good luck, Chris.
Blonde’s have Lott more fun
LOTTIE Moss gets the London look – dying her hair back to blonde like supermodel sis Kate.
After three months as a brunette, she debuted the alternative do at yet another birthday bash held in her honour.
This time it was at Prince Harry’s favourite members’ club Raffles in London on Friday . . . a full NINE days after Lottie turned 21.
On January 9 – her birthday – Lottie had a meal with family at Chelsea’s La Famiglia restaurant, then flew to Mexico to party with mates.
She sure knows how to paint the town red.
Moss be joking
KATE Moss’s regular London watering hole is cashing in on her sobriety . . . and infuriating some of its clientele in the process.
A guest at Annabel’s – the favourite club of supermodel Kate – was stunned this week when he was charged £7.50 for a regular sparkling water. That’s just two quid cheaper than one of our Sun holidays.
A bar scrap broke out, disrupting the launch for Jack Savoretti’s new album Singing To Strangers, out on March 15.
A source said: “Jack put on a beautiful showcase but there was bedlam when a guest ordered free wine and a sparkling water – and was charged £7.50.”
The punter won’t have cheered up as the night went on. When the free wine ran out, guests were charged £15 a pop for a small glass. Kate’s virtue is paying off for somebody, then.
Robbie packs punch for gig
The singer has been put through his paces by 2008 Olympic bronze medallist Tony Jeffries, who shared a picture of Robbie in action on Twitter. The singer has already done nine intensive
private sessions at his house in Los Angeles.
It comes as Robbie gears up for one of the most demanding gigs of his career, with 15 sold-out dates at the Wynn Hotel in Sin City in March and June.
His neighbour and nemesis Jimy Page should watch out.
Praise from puffy
“PUFFY was just like, ‘I’m a massive fan of your swag’.”
– Bros star Matt Goss star reveals the first time he met rap star P Diddy during filming for Ciroc vodka.
No Posh cameo
FAT chance of Victoria Beckham cracking a smile when her bandmates reunite this summer. She has admitted she will feel a pang when the Spice Girls go on their stadium tour – but ruled out making a cameo.
Victoria said: “I’m sure that when I’m there and they are on stage, there will be a part of me that feels a bit left out.”
The Spices are playing at six arenas, starting in Cardiff on May 27. They will perform as a foursome comprising Mel B, Mel C, Geri Horner and Emma Bunton.
Asked in yesterday’s Guardian mag if she would consider joining them on stage at all, Victoria said: “No, definitely not.”
Victoria also ruled out relocating the family to Miami, where David is launching a Major League Soccer team. She said: “We will go regularly but the kids are happy at school, we are close to our families and we love living in London.”
Johnny’s Abbey to be a dad
IT won’t be the sweet sound of lullabies coming from new parents Billie Piper and Johnny Ll0yd‘s house.
I can reveal the ex-Tribes frontman will release his first solo album next month, featuring collaborations with The Maccabees and Frank Turner, after being inspired by his newfound fatherhood.
Johnny, who welcomed daughter Tallulah into the world earlier this month, has been recording at London’s Abbey Road Studios for the past six months after taking a break from music.
A source said: “Johnny thought his singing days were over but when he found out Billie was expecting, his passion for songwriting came flooding back.
“He spent the second half of 2018 holed up at Abbey Road to get the album out around the time of the birth and called in favours from his indie pals. He’s nervous about how the album will be received but he thinks it’s the perfect way to mark the most important milestone in his life.”
It will be released through BMG UK, the label that’s home to Rolling Stones legend Keith Richards. Johnny left Tribes in 2013.
The couple gave a first glimpse of their baby daughter on Instagram this week.
The tot joins Billie’s sons Winston, ten, and Eugene, six, who she had with her ex-husband Laurence Fox.
Billie has been very open about her desire to boost her brood. In which case it might not be long before Johnny is back in the studio.
Fi finding fun time
FIONA Bruce has vowed not to let her demanding job presenting Question Time stop her partying.
The new host of the BBC1 political discussion show was seen partying until 3am with Abbey Clancy at last year’s Isle of Wight Festival.
After taking over from veteran host David Dimbleby, Fiona admirably insisted: “That’s not going to change.
“It’s going to be a busy year but you find the opportunities to have fun when you can. I put in a lot of preparation for everything I do, so there’s nothing new there.”
I’ll see you at the bar.
The Berlin walk, Nic
HERE is Nicole Scherzinger looking Scher-mazing at a gig in Berlin.
The singer performed on the runway for Maybelline’s show during the city’s fashion week on Thursday. She also posted a pic of herself getting her hair done, below, noting: “The Germans got me rockin’ that righteous do.”
Nic had flown over after the premiere of her new talent series on the US Fox network.
Called The Masked Singer, the bizarre format sees Nicole and fellow judges Ken Jeong, Jenny McCarthy and Robin Thicke watch celebrities perform in disguise.
That certainly trumps The Voice’s blind auditions.
Snub is Jess not fair
RUDIMENTAL have blasted Brit Awards bosses for snubbing Jess Glynne from the two nominations they got for their No1 collaboration These Days. Jess would’ve had four nods – like Anne-Marie and Dua Lipa – but was overlooked.
Ant McPartlin breaks silence on drink drive arrest & how new lover saved his life
JESY’S TONGUE SARNIE
Jesy Nelson and Chris Hughes snog in a kebab shop after night out
BRAD TRIES IT THERON
Brad Pitt dating Charlize Theron after being introduced by Sean Penn
Little Mix star Jesy Nelson dating Chris Hughes 2 months after split from ex
BARROW-LOAD OF ABUSE
John Barrowman’s furious rant at homophobic man who called him ‘poof’
Kem Cetinay says sorry and was told to slam Gemma Collins by This Morning bosses
Rudimental’s Kesi Dryden said: “I’m sure she’s happy with the two she got but they’ve got it wrong, I’d say.”
The drum and bass act, who play London’s Royal Albert Hall for Teenage Cancer Trust on March 25, are now backing their protege Anne-Marie at next month’s awards bash at the O2. Kesi added: “She’s working on her second album already.”
Ed Sheeran’s work ethic has rubbed off on her on to
- Dancing On Ice star James Jordan and wife Ola have been earning some extra pennies by teaching ballroom’s most intimate dance, the rumba, at team-building events round the country after being given the boot from Strictly.
- James Graham, the creator of Channel 4’s Brexit: The Uncivil War, revealed Vote Leave strategist Dominic Cummings only agreed to be associated with the project when he heard Benedict Cumberbatch had signed on to play him.
- Halsey can’t have been the inspiration for rising star Yungblud’s new single Loner. They’ve been dating since October and been spotted out together in Paris and London.
- After Cub Sport’s Tim Nelson and Sam ‘Bolan’ Netterfield fell in love while writing 2017 album BATS, the band release their self-titled follow-up this week.
- New Radio 2 Breakfast Show host Zoe Ball credits BBC1’s Les Miserables for easing her in. She said: “I took the kids to Paris. I’m obsessed with Les Mis. I didn’t worry about work at all.”
- Jamie Oliver gets green light to build huge greenhouse to grow his own veg at £6m Essex mansion
- Live the American dream in Essex! Couple who built five-bed New England-style home from scratch after being inspired by living in Massachusetts for five years are selling it for £1.25million
- How YOU can be lord or lady of the manor! Grand homes boasting royal connections hit the market - including a Devonshire pile that belonged to the Duchy of Cornwall and a London mansion where King Edward VIII seduced Wallis Simpson
- London home of scandalous Duchess of Sutherland who inspired Disney Cinderella's 'wicked stepmother' after trying to deny her step children their inheritance goes on sale for £16million - complete with a cinema and gym
- A house fit for (fashion) royalty! Mayfair penthouse renovated by Alexander McQueen in a mansion once owned by Queen Victoria's grandson goes on the market for £6.95million
- Steps announce comeback after pop superstar Sia wrote their new single What The Future Holds
- Inside Love Island stars’ mega-mansions that rival the villa – complete with pools, 5ft chandeliers & hot tubs
- The National Trust? They're like the Stasi! Sir ROY STRONG hoped to leave his glorious garden to Britain's leading heritage charity. But as he describes in the final part of his outrageous society diaries, the plan was thrown on the compost heap
- Trump trolls Cuomo by saying the delay in New York getting the vaccine is because he's 'playing politics' and other states want it NOW - as huge lines form at Manhattan testing centers
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Billionaire' Mohamed Hadid cries 'poverty,' claiming he has 'no funds' to pay $5M to demolish Bel Air mega-mansion and had to 'drastically downsize' his own house as daughters Gigi and Bella's Hadid branded eyewear line flopped
- Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright’s new mansion in jeopardy over fears of asbestos contamination on the property
- Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright build eco-friendly sewage plant to treat the waste water at their £1.3m dream home
- Will HARRY flee the UK too? Prince plans to follow his wife after she jetted back to Canada after leaving Archie with nanny and best friend - amid 'abdication' crisis talks with the Queen, Charles and William
- From flooring to blinds — renovate your home for less this Cyber Weekend
- Piers Morgan splashes out on £15,000 sound-proofed pod for his garden
- Ingraham: Democrats want to 'shame you' into canceling holiday plans
- Jason Manford plans to keep cheery and raise Christmas spirit with acts of kindness
- Why has ALL of Kent been dragged into Tier 3? Shocking map shows vast swathes of Garden of England has infection rates LOWER than nation's average - including one village split down the middle where one pub can open and the other must shut
- Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan’s first ever steamy kiss caught on camera from New Year’s Eve 2012
- Jacob Rees-Mogg blasts National Trust for not realising 'how wonderful' Winston Churchill was after it included World War Two hero's home on 'woke' list of properties linked to slavery and colonialism
Gary Barlow plans to build a huge new home in garden of £6m Cotswolds mansion after cancelling Take That tour have 2454 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.