With the January transfer window well under way, we take a look at five Bundesliga players who are reportedly attracting interest from Premier League clubs.
The transfer rumours are picking up pace and there is plenty of attention on the players in Germany. Here we look at five players who could be making a move to England this month.
The future is unclear for James Rodriguez, with his two-year loan at Bayern Munich ending at the end of the season and unlikely to be made permanent. He is also not needed at his parent club, Real Madrid, with the Daily Mirror reporting that Liverpool and Arsenal are considering a move.
Rodriguez had a successful first season in the Bundesliga but has had a tricky time under new manager Niko Kovac. Arsenal are said to be in pole position for the 27-year-old, who is still in his prime-playing years and also has spells in Portugal and France under his belt.
Brother of Chelsea playmaker Eden, Thorgan Hazard has been linked with Liverpool by multiple outlets, while Borussia Dortmund are also said to want the Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder.
However, Hazard is unlikely to move in January, telling Gladbach’s official website: “Max Eberl [director of sport] and I spoke before the winter break and I confirmed that the only important thing for me right now is that I can help our team here to be successful.
“Max knows that my head is here at Borussia and I am fully concentrated on my job here. I am not considering a transfer right now. I cannot say what will happen after the end of this season. I may possibly extend my contract as I’m very happy here and my family are also settled. Max and I will speak about this when it is the right time.”
Borussia Dortmund midfielder Julian Weigl is a man in demand, and Bild reports that Tottenham are hot on the heels of the Germany international. The 23-year-old’s current deal runs until 2021 and, in a twist of fate, Dortmund and Tottenham will play each other in the last 16 of the Champions League in a few weeks’ time.
Weigl has fallen down the pecking order under new manager Lucien Favre, although Dortmund want to keep him in case Axel Witsel gets injured. His former manager Thomas Tuchel would also like to bring him to his current club, Paris Saint-Germain, but any decision on his future is unlikely to be made before the summer.
Sky sources understand that Tottenham are keen on Hoffenheim midfielder Florian Grillitsch and have sent scouts to watch him this season. The Austria international is also thought to have a release clause in his contract – which has two-and-a-half years left to run – of just over £18m.
Grillitsch’s name is thought to be on a list of potential successors to Mousa Dembele, who appears close to a move to the Chinese Super League side Beijing Sinobo Guoan. He has started in 12 of the 15 Bundesliga games he has appeared in this season and his only goal came against Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League.
Sky Germany have reported that Borussia Monchengladbach winger Patrick Herrmann is on the radar of Crystal Palace and Newcastle, with the pair already approaching the club over the sale of their player.
Having previously managed in the Bundesliga, Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl would also like to sign the 27-year-old, who has scored two goals in nine league appearances this season. All three teams are in need of firepower up front for their respective Premier League campaigns.
German outlet Express says Herrmann could move for as little as £4m with his contract expiring at the end of the season. However, should he not sign a new deal and the teams are still interested in a few months, they could land the winger for free.
- Premier League 2021-22: Toffee Rafa, Kane in limbo and points to prove for Sancho and Lukaku
- Bellingham to Chelsea; USMNT's Miazga, Hoppe - Latest transfer news
- Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Solskjaer hints at MORE signings, Varane first Carrington training session, Haaland update
- A host of Premier League clubs targeting Phillipe Coutinho
- Chelsea ‘confident’ of completing Jadon Sancho transfer over Manchester United
- Manchester United decline Mino Raiola meeting over Erling Haaland transfer in sudden twist
- Real Madrid eye £64m Erling Haaland transfer next January after impressive Dortmund start
- Transfer news: Man Utd receive Varane blow, Arsenal plotting two big moves
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer drops Erling Haaland transfer hint with Sergio Aguero to Man Utd vow
- West Ham transfer news: Said Benrahma signs permanent deal, Hammers in talks over RB Leipzig's Hwang Hee-Chan
- Here We Go: PSG decide on Pochettino, Real Madrid to extend Modric, Liverpool make Wijnaldum offer and more
- Can Man Utd bridge gap to Man City after encouraging summer in transfer window?
- Sven Botman gives honest reaction to Liverpool transfer rumours amid new Man Utd interest
- Thomas Tuchel has Chelsea star 'with great quality' who will be 'vital' to German's plans
- Rangers boss Steven Gerrard reacts to Everton's £5m Nathan Patterson bid - 'Get real'
- Erling Haaland: Barcelona and Real Madrid to hold talks with Borussia Dortmund star's representatives
- Ibrahima Konate: Liverpool trigger £36m release clause for RB Leipzig defender and hope to finalise deal in next few days
- Man Utd and Chelsea put on red alert by Bayern Munich star Kingsley Coman
- Roman Abramovich convinced Inter Milan star is right man for Chelsea and Thomas Tuchel
Five Premier League January transfer targets from the Bundesliga have 938 words, post on www.skysports.com at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.