The Department of Investment and Public Asset Management had invited proposals for creating, managing and launching the debt exchange-traded fund. Edelweiss Asset Management has won the mandate and will launch the Debt ETF in the coming months. The Debt ETF shall be a one of its kind product that could be a better alternative to fixed deposits and other traditional small saving investments.
“We are very excited about this opportunity to launch India’s maiden Debt ETF focused on CPSEs and PSUs. Our endeavour is to launch an innovative product that will help retail and institutional investors increase their participation in the bond market, particularly retail investors whose participation is relatively small in Debt Mutual Funds. Our focus will be to bring to market a product that is easy to understand, has the liquidity of ETFs and is tax efficient,” says Radhika Gupta, CEO, Edelweiss Asset Management.
The Debt ETF mandate is an important step in expanding and scaling the fixed income business of the AMC.
Edelweiss has an asset base of Rs 55,800 crore, as on December 31. The group had a revenue of Rs 8,623 crore and PAT of Rs890 crore for FY18.
- Want to invest in Healthcare ETFs?
- AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Carol Roth: Gamestop, AMC was just the beginning, it looks like our entire economy is rigged
- Navneet Munot of HDFC AMC highlights 8 'R's which are in spotlight amid COVID wave
- Delingpole: Nice to See Labour Lose; Depressing to See the Conservatives Win
- Italy looks to former European Central Bank chief to form new government
- Sebi forcing asset allocation, savings discipline on MF executives: Radhika Gupta
- Are The Apes Now Running Wall Street?
- What kind of returns can investors expect over the next 5 years? Prashant Jain answers
- PSBs will only lead bad bank, pvt banks also need to support: SBI
- PSBs will only lead bad bank, pvt banks also need to support it: SBI MD
- The Curious Case of Aurelius Capital v. Puerto Rico
- Stalin goes with experience, expertise
- U.S. COVID-19 Stimulus and Relief
- Inside Exxon’s Board Fight
- Morgan Housel Talks GameStop, Bezos, and More
- BlackRock (BLK) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Interest ramps up in cryptocurrencies
- This Was My Single Worst Investment in 2020
- Box Office Billionaire: How Legendary's Thomas Tull Used Comics, China And A Secret Formula To Remake Hollywood
Edelweiss AMC wins the government’s debt ETF mandate have 402 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.