The end of the year is the main noodles making season for residents of the commune in Cam Thuy District, the central province of Thanh Hoa. The commune is the biggest producer of cellophane, or glass needles (mien) in the province, supplying hundreds of tons every year. The main ingredient needed to produce the glass noodles is canna powder. The canna plants grow mainly in red basalt soil found in the midlands and the northern mountains. The roots are rinsed, ground and filtered to make the powder, which is then mixed with water to make canna flour. The flour is then made into canna paper by steaming it over a cloth drawn taut over a very large vessel. Le Thi Ty, 47, a resident of Xam Village in Cam Binh Commune, makes the canna paper, the most important part step in the process of making the glass noodles. The density of the flour and its steaming has to be done just right. Ty said her family has been making these noodles for a long time. In the past she only used to make them in the last three months of the year, but now she works all year round because raw materials are… Read full this story
- Australia vs New Zealand: Pat Cummins clearly best bowler in the world, says captain Tim Paine
- Life Beyond Earth? Scientific Community Making Search For UFOs Mainstream
- Community Input Directs Montgomery County In Search For Chief
- The Best Brands for 2020
- Midshipmen Cleared, Grocery Hours, Holiday Lights: News Nearby
- Clear Out Your Christmas Clutter In Milton
- Baby Margot cries throughout funeral for mom Heidi Broussard who was 'kidnapped by best friend' and 'killed for her baby' as family and friends pay tribute to her
- Best Of Patch 2019: Good News And Good Neighbors Across America
- What Android 10 features do you like best?
- Monsey attack spotlights Hasidic community's resilience
‘Clearly’ the best: a commune makes the most transparent, tasty noodles have 324 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 3, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.