By Rob Gillies, Associated Press
Friday, Jan. 18, 2019 | 8:30 a.m.
TORONTO — Canada’s public safety minister says the country won’t be deterred by Chinese pressure after China threatened reprisals if Huawei is banned from its 5G network.
There are accusations that the telecom giant is controlled by China’s ruling Communist Party or is required to facilitate Chinese spying. The U.S., Australia, Japan and other governments have imposed curbs on use of its technology.
Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale said Friday his government will not compromise national security.
Lu Shaye, China’s ambassador to Canada, warned Thursday of repercussions if Canada bars Huawei from the network.
The arrest of Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou in Canada on Dec. 1 created a growing diplomatic rift. Meng is the company’s chief financial officer and the daughter of its founder.
China detained two Canadians in apparent retaliation.
- Pessimism in the Chinese Textile Industry
- Chinese Antiques Brilliance, Coal Plants CO2 - Filters, or Hell on Earth
- Chinese Moon Festival Background
- Modern Adaptation of Ancient Chinese Medicine
- Chinese Herbs for Enhanced Libido - 5 of the Best Herbs for Higher Sex Drive
- Am I Really a Foreigner in Canada?
- Tips to Help Reduce High Blood Pressure
- Dark Days For Freedom of Speech in Canada
- Karma and the Sichuan Chinese Earthquake
- How to Cure High Blood Pressure - 7 Blood Pressure Secrets Doctors Won't Tell You
- Chinese Negotiation 101
- Reappearance (Chinese-English) - Poems by Hsu Chicheng - A Review
- Interesting Facts About Olympic Nations - The People's Republic of China
- During & After Pregnancy, Take Care of Yourself With Acupuncture
- Online Dating - Have Fun And Avoid The Lurking Dangers
- Top 10 Good Things About Fraud
- Diabetes, Seniors, and Food Ignorance
- Cure Your Ailments the Alternative Way?
- Glass Drinking Water Containers - Why Plastic Won't Do
- A Reverse Osmosis Water System Won't Remove Dangerous Chlorine From Your Water
Canada says it won’t be deterred by Chinese pressure have 292 words, post on lasvegassun.com at January 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.