In today’s Instagram-focused age, festival-poster placement matters. When Blackpink was listed boldly on the second row of the Coachella Day 1 lineup, alongside Janelle Monáe, Diplo and the 1975, it drove home just how much of an impact the K-pop girl group has made despite the California fest marking their first-ever U.S. performance. The group had a huge 2018. With a Top 40 EP (Square Up broke a four-year-old record for highest-charting Korean release by a female act on the Billboard 200), a hit collaboration with Dua Lipa (“Kiss and Make Up” has 125 million Spotify streams and entered the Hot 100 singles chart) and one of the biggest 24-hour debuts on YouTube ever (“Ddu-Du Ddu-Du” earned more than 36 million views in its first day out), Blackpink spent the year making significant mainstream inroads that led to signing with a U.S. label in Interscope Records — all without spending a minute promoting in America or singing in English. Coachella 2019 will likely mark a pivotal moment for the group, the latest outfit backed by South Korean superlabel YG Entertainment, home to international breakouts like Bigbang and CL, as well as the former home to Psy during his “Gangnam Style”… Read full this story
- Quiz: How well do you know Derry Girls?
- How old is Geri Halliwell, who’s the Spice Girls’ husband Christian Horner and why did she leave the band?
- Is Spice Girls tour still happening and can I buy tickets?
- How old is Emma Bunton, what is the Baby Spice Girl’s net worth, who’s her partner Jade Jones?
- Emma Bunton beams at Spice Girl tour rehearsals with Geri Halliwell and Mel C – while Mel B practices alone in LA
- Mel B poses in leopard bikini after missing Spice Girls rehearsal
- Spice Girls unveil 90s-inspired merchandise ahead of tour
- K-pop band Blackpink breaks YouTube record
- Emma Bunton demanded Robbie Williams apologise for claiming he slept with ALL the Spice Girls
- The Spice Girls have landed a lucrative deal as the face of Walkers crisps — 22 years after their last campaign for the brand
Blackpink: 5 Things to Know About the K-Pop Girl Group have 355 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at January 3, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.