We will bring down PM if Brexit deal does go through, claims Dodds BelfastTelegraph.co.uk A furious Nigel Dodds last night indicated the DUP would bring down Theresa May if her Brexit deal is voted through. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/we-will-bring-down-pm-if-brexit-deal-does-go-through-claims-dodds-37600139.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/article37600137.ece/5c82b/AUTOCROP/h342/2018-12-06_new_46307563_I1.JPG Email A furious Nigel Dodds last night indicated the DUP would bring down Theresa May if her Brexit deal is voted through. The Prime Minister’s public and private commitments to Northern Ireland “lie in tatters”, the DUP deputy leader said. The DUP has set out how it will no longer support Mrs May – who depends on the DUP for her Commons majority – if her Brexit deal, including the controversial Northern Ireland backstop measure, survives. That threat has bolstered Tory resistance to the Withdrawal Agreement, as Tory MPs fear if it goes through in the crunch vote on December 11 it could bring down their government. The mounting problems for Mrs May come after the government was forced to publish legal advice offered to the Cabinet by Attorney General Geoffrey Cox. Writing in today’s Belfast Telegraph, Mr Dodds said the legal opinion “is a devastating blow for the Prime Minister” and said the PM’s “pledges have now been broken”. He added: “A… Read full this story
- ‘No Brexit deal tonight’ as Boris Johnson fails to win over DUP but EU confident agreement can be reached
- Johnson's Brexit Deal is Labelled ‘Betrayal Act’ in Northern Ireland but Will DUP Pay the Price?
- British MPs Vote To Delay Brexit Deal Decision; Boris Johnson Says Will Stick To Oct 31 Deadline
- Showdown looms as new British PM wants to redo Brexit deal
- Frustrated Boris Johnson clashes with EU leaders as he demands they compromise to reach Brexit deal
- Brexit deal possible this week but ‘still work to do’, warns Irish deputy PM as talks go down to the wire
- Brexit deal crisis: After Theresa May resignation, eight candidates in fray for next British PM
- Boris Johnson’s fledgling Brexit deal causes major split among Tory hardliners
- UK lawmakers reject PM Theresa May's Brexit deal in Parliament for the third time
- Theresa May defends draft Brexit deal amid conservative outcry
We will bring down PM if Brexit deal does go through, claims Dodds have 392 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at December 6, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.