The Hanoitimes – A 10-year high GDP growth rate, the country’s largest cryptocurrency scam, the controversial special economic zone bill are outstanding pieces of the overall picture of Vietnam’s economy in 2018. Vietnam’s economy has been growing strongly in 2018 and laying solid foundation for the country to fulfill all targets set for the 2016 – 2020 period. Hanoitimes looked back at Vietnam’s top 10 economic events in 2018: 1/ GDP growth reaches 10-year high Illustrative photo. Vietnam’s GDP growth is on track to reach a 10-year high of 7% in 2018, while the macro-economic conditions are stabilized, and inflation rate of 3.55%, below the 4% target set by the National Assembly. There has also been substantial changes in the economic structure, which now places a strong focus on manufacturing/processing, construction and service sectors. It is to noteworthy that the high GDP growth rate in 2018 does not depend on credit, which is estimated at below 15%, significantly lower than a credit growth rate of 18% in 2017. In 2018, disbursement of FDI projects in Vietnam reached a record high of US$19.1 billion, an increase of 9.1% year-on-year amid global concern over the US – China trade friction, showing… Read full this story
- Letters to the editor: Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017
- "How Simple Is That?": At Home With Ina Garten
- 17 of 2017’s most visual stories from around the world
- 2017's viral stories from around the world
- United States unveils $113m package to ensure prosperity in Pacific region
- China says USA pressure will not impact trade talks
- How South Koreans Are Reckoning With a Changing American Military Presence
- Turkey, Taliban, Peter Strzok: Your Tuesday Briefing
- 'Stand Up For America'
- THE NATIONAL CIVIL RIGHTS MUSEUM ANNOUNCES THE 27th FREEDOM AWARD
Vietnam’s top 10 economic events in 2018 (P.1) have 286 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at December 25, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.