This is the 5th consecutive year the number of Vietnamese migrant workers has exceeded 100,000.
In 2018, Japan for the first time surpassed Taiwan (China) to become the country receiving the most Vietnamese workers with more than 67,000 employees. The next one is Taiwan (China) with about 65,000 employees.
The Korean market ranks third with more than 6,000 employees. The remaining markets are Saudi Arabia, Romania, Malaysia, and Kuwait.
According to the Vietnam Labor Export Association, 28 markets received Vietnamese workers in 2018, and only six of them received from 1,000 workers upwards, including Taiwan (China), Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Romania and Saudi Arabia.
Those working in Taiwan and Japan account for more than 90% of the total. Major Vietnamese worker receivers are mainly in the Northeast Asian region.
In addition to the significant increase in the migrant labor force in the Japanese market, Romania is also a market that many labor export businesses are interested in.
- Vietnam sends record 140,000 guest workers abroad in 2018
- Vietnam sends 352 athletes to ASIAD 2018
- Vietnam sends 67,000 workers abroad in first half
- Ministry targets to send 87,000 laborers abroad
- Vietnam sends 532 people to ASIAD 2018
- VN sends 104,000 laborers abroad
- Vietnam sends 140,000 workers abroad in 2018
- Vietnam to Send 80,000 Laborers Abroad This Year
- Vietnam sends 78,000 workers abroad in 11 months