H’Hen Nie in party dress performance at the contest
Miss Philippines Catriona Gray was crowned the winner. Miss South Africa Tamaryn Green was runner-up and Miss Venezuela Sthefany Gutiérrez third.
The two others in the top 5 were Miss Vietnam Universe 2017 H’Hen-Nie and Puerto Rico’s Kia Ortega.
H’Hen Nie, the Ede ethnic minority woman, who is 1.72 metres and measures 84-60-93 was among the top four most impressive national costumes of the pageant.
Following the jury’s question that “Do you think that Me Too movement has gone too far”, she said that she did not think so as everyone needed to be protected, including women.
Top 5 of Miss Universe 2018
H’Hen Nie’s result marked an achievement as previously the country has never been listed in the contest’s top 5.
Missosology magazine earlier forecasted that Miss Vietnam Universe 2017 H’Hen-Nie could achieve a top five Miss Universe 2018 finish.
Miss Universe’s top 10 also includes representatives from Curacao, Nepal, Canada and Thailand.
- Vietnam among Miss Universe 2018 top 5
- Vietnamese beauty queens vie for Miss Universe through years
- Miss France beats Haiti and Colombia to clinch Miss Universe title
- Miss Universe Vietnam beauty contest 2019 kicked off
- Which national costume will H’Hen Nie wear at Miss Universe 2018?
- H’Hen Nie achieves Top 5 finish in Miss Universe 2018
- A look back at H’Hen Nie’s journey throughout Miss Universe 2018
- First Vietnamese beauty enters top 5 of Miss Universe 2018
- Miss Universe Top 5 finisher H'Hen Nie warmly welcomed home