Hanoi (VNA) – Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Ngoc Thien has asked the tourism sector to work harder to attract 18 million foreign tourists in 2019.
The target was set at a recent conference to review the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism’s performance in 2018 and sketch out its plans for 2019.
Thien requested the sector to focus on tourism promotion in major markets, thus luring more travellers from these markets and ensuring the growth in the number of visitors.
In 2018, the Vietnamese tourism sector enjoyed impressive results with a record 15.6 million international tourists and 80 million domestic travellers. Total revenue hit 620 trillion VND (around 26.55 billion USD).
During the year, 380 new travel firms received international business licences, while 4,678 individuals got new tour guide licences.-VNA
- The Thai Wai and Foreign Tourists
- Bugatti to reveal one-off, $18 million hypercar in Geneva?
- Report: Trey Flowers May Command $18 Million Annual Salary In Free Agency
- 18 Million Cracks, Now What?
- Tesla aims to reveal pickup prototype in 2019
- Department Of Interior Bilked Out Of $18 Million In Funding By Con Gopher
- John Z. DeLorean's $2.18 Million House Sadly Does Not Have Gullwing Doors
- Neverwinter Celebrates 5 Year Anniversary, Hits 18 Million Players
- Floyd Mayweather: I Bought an $18 Million Watch!!!
- Virgin Galactic CEO says millions of tourists will want to fly to space in the next decade