Foreign tourists at Trang An tourist site in Ninh Binh (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Ngoc Thien has asked the tourism sector to work harder to attract 18 million foreign tourists in 2019. The target was set at a recent conference to review the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism’s performance in 2018 and sketch out its plans for 2019. Thien requested the sector to focus on tourism promotion in major markets, thus luring more travellers from these markets and ensuring the growth in the number of visitors. In 2018, the Vietnamese tourism sector enjoyed impressive results with a record 15.6 million international tourists and 80 million domestic travellers. Total revenue hit 620 trillion VND (around 26.55 billion USD). During the year, 380 new travel firms received international business licences, while 4,678 individuals got new tour guide licences.-VNA
- Saudi bus crash kills 35 foreign tourists near holy city of Medina
- 18 Million Are Eligible For This Lawsuit - Are You?
- Vietnam among top 20 countries to visit in 2020
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- Ha Long city welcomes 7.9 million visitors in nine months
- Children will learn how to protect themselves against tourists’ sexual abuse
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- Vietnam needs to renew property market to lure more foreign capital
- Fansipan Legend becomes “Việt Nam's Leading Tourist Attraction 2019”
Vietnam aims to lure 18 million foreign tourists in 2019 have 231 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 23, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.