Thai Minister of Tourism and Sports Weerasak Kowsurat (L) welcomes He Weixin, the 10 millionth Chinese visitor (Photo: Xinhua) Hanoi (VNA) – Thailand has now received its 10 millionth Chinese tourist for 2018, a milestone for the country’s tourism industry, reported Xinhua news agency. On December 19, tourism officials in Thailand organised a welcome ceremony for the country’s 10 millionth Chinese visitor at the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. Thai Minister of Tourism and Sports Weerasak Kowsurat said the welcoming of the milestone traveller marked the first time Thailand has ever reached such a high tourism figure, exemplifying the national tourism industry’s ongoing efforts to strengthen global awareness of Thailand as a top destination. Thailand will improve the country’s safety and security standards, and improve facilities and access to emerging secondary provinces to make the country a more preferred destination for Chinese tourists, he said. Chinese visitors remain the biggest contributor to the country’s rich tourism industry, with more than 520 billion THB (103 billion USD) generated from more than 9.8 million tourists in 2017. –VNA
- Record-breaking year for the Louvre with more than 10 million visitors in 2018
- Irish tourism breaks 10 million visitor barrier for first time
- Libris.ro sold 1.5 million books in 2018; 5 out of 9 bestselling authors are Romanian
- Your top 10 sporting moments of 2018: Who came out on top as Stockdale, Rea and Giants all feature?
- Ukrinform: 1.9 million foreign tourists visited Kyiv in 2018
- The total number of pensioners in Romania reached 4.68 million in November 2018
- We Want as Many Chinese Tourists as Possible
- The Vladivostok Phenomenon: Should Russia Eliminate Visa Requirements for Chinese Tourists? (Op-ed)
- Belarus ready to join cross-border routes with Europe, Russia to attract Chinese tourists
- 19 million foreign tourists visited NL in 2017, growth slows
Thailand welcomes 10 million Chinese tourists in 2018 have 295 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.