The ship carried 326 young delegates from 10 ASEAN countries, including 29 from Vietnam.
Speaking at the farewell ceremony, Vice Secretary of the municipal chapter of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union Nguyen Viet Que Son said the trip has left a fine impression on the minds of the participants on culture and lifestyle of youths in Southeast Asian nations, including Japan and Vietnam, contributing to raising their mutual understanding.
|At the farewell ceremony|
Preposi Le Marc Balcita from the Philippines said the delegation has a chance to stay in Vietnamese families, visit Cu Chi Tunnel and War Remnants Museum during the five-day stay in the city.
The SSEAYP is an annual youth exchange program sponsored by the Japanese Government and supported by the member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) since 1974, during which participants have an opportunity to live together on board the Nippon Maru Ship for over 50 days.
The journey aims to promote friendship among the youths of the participating countries, broaden their perspectives of the world and strengthen their spirit and skills for international cooperation.
This year’s SSEAYP, which takes place from October 23 to December 13, will visit four of the ASEAN nations, namely Brunei, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam, and Japan.
It is expected to help youths exercise leadership skills in various fields and contribute to society in youth development. The participants have been engaged in vibrant discussions on social and youth matters, eye-opening cultural exchanges as well as sports, recreational and club activities.
At each port of call, they are provided chance to interact with the local youths, pay courtesy calls on leaders, visit local institutions, get involved in community service and experience unique homestay program.
- Why Should I Buy My Japanese Used Cars from Japan?
- If Diets and Weight Loss Programs Leave You Cold - Start Your Own!
- 6 Types of Accommodations For Travelers to Japan
- Radisson Seven Seas Cruises for Six Star Cruising!
- The Status of Forces Agreement - Japan and Why You Should Learn to Speak Japanese
- Controlling Japanese Beetles
- Japanese Mahjong - A Personal Encounter
- Learn Japanese Online - 5 Tips
- The Timeless Quest for Anti-Aging Products Leads To the Dead Sea
- Add the Serenity of Japanese Decorating to Your Home with Just a Few Details