News / Scotland by Press Association 21/12/2018, 12:04 am FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Business confidence in Scotland has plummeted by 20 points in one month amid global changes and “domestic uncertainty”, according to a new report. The latest business barometer from Bank of Scotland Commercial Banking rated firms’ confidence at -9% in December, down from 11% in November. It makes Scotland the least confident part of the UK, coming in 26 points below the UK average, the barometer noted. Meanwhile, a net balance of 25% of companies north of the border are saying they are more pessimistic about the economy than they were three months ago, the study found. In comparison, firms were evenly split last month, with as many businesses feeling optimistic as pessimistic. Furthermore, a net balance of 7% said they expect their companies to boost business activity next year, down from 22% in November. Despite this, firms’ hiring intentions turned into positive territory, rising by three points compared with November. Fraser Sime, director of SME (small and medium-sized enterprises) banking at the bank, said: “Confidence among businesses across Scotland has fallen, which is understandable given changes globally and domestic uncertainty…. Read full this story
- UK Business Confidence Hits Four-Year Low After Brexit Vote
- Small business confidence plunges to eight-year low
- Climate change is a 'big business opportunity for the UK'
- ‘Allies Should Not Surprise Each Other’: UK Reportedly not Warned of US Strike on Top Iran General
- US Diplomat Exposed to Anti-Trump Rant at Heathrow, Warns ‘It’s Detrimental’ to UK – Report
- Monica Lennon says Scottish Labour must split from UK party
- France Seeking to Use Brexit 'Uncertainty' to Lure Firms Away From UK - Report
- Twins who starred on 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' found dead in UK, reports say
- UK sinks into double-dip recession
- UK economy in stagnation at end of 2019, survey shows
Scottish business confidence drops to lowest in UK – report have 318 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.