Earlier, Con Co Border Guard Post in Quang Tri province received mayday signals from crew-members on board cargo ship Tuan Hung 268, experiencing engine failure near Con Co Island while transporting 1,984 tons of stone powder from Thanh Hoa province’s Nghi Son port to the South.
|Photo for illustration. Source: CPV|
Having received the mayday, the border post mobilized ship DNg-31695TS with Pham Minh Hoa at the helm and its troops to the scene.
After hours struggling with high waves and strong winds, the rescue team approached the troubled ship and took the sailors ashore safely.
Thanks to timely and good care from the medical staff of the border post, the troubled sailors are now in good health conditions.
Translated by Song Anh
- Sudan: 290 officers from Border Guard Forces, a paramilitary force, reportedly under incommunicado detention
- Radio Poland: Border guards detain Russian over 'information war' on Poland
- Russian border guards found 1,400+ terrorist-linked suspects in 2017
- Ukrainian border guards send two Russians back to Minsk over St. George ribbon (Photo)
- Fishermen from Berdiansk probably detained by Russian border guards, stay in Krasnodar Krai
- 112.ua: Ukrainian fishermen might be detained by Russian border guards in Azov Sea
- Bomb attack leaves Iraqi border guard killed in Diyala
- Border guards show another proof of Russian aggression in Donbas (Photo)
- 112.ua: Border guards do not allow Russian ultras to enter Ukraine
- Austrian chancellor says EU border guards should patrol North Africa to stop refugees leaving for Europe