Binh Phuoc (VNA) – Four cashew processors have been given the right to use the geographical indication (GI) of “Binh Phuoc” for their cashew products, in a move to help them prove the legitimacy of their products originating from the southern cashew hub of Vietnam.
The Binh Phuoc provincial Department of Science and Technology said it granted the certificates to the businesses on December 17.
The approved “Binh Phuoc” firms consist of Son Thanh Production-Trading-Import-Export JSC based in Dong Xoai city; Ha My JSC in Dong Phu district; My Le Co., Ltd., in Phu Rieng district; and Hoang Phu Production Co., Ltd., in Loc Ninh district.
In March this year, the National Office of Intellectual Property issued the GI certificate on Binh Phuoc cashew nuts for the province.
Binh Phuoc, considered the “cashew capital” of Vietnam, has over 150,000ha of cashew farming, accounting for 50 percent of the country’s total cashew area.
It is currently home to over 200 cashew businesses and 400 cashew processing facilities. Local cashew products have been exported to 25 countries and territories. –VNA
- Teachers in New York could gain right to ask courts to strip guns from troubled students
- Mueller Water Products to Exhibit at American Water Works Association Annual Conference & Exhibition
- Japan’s businesses should take lead on LGBT rights: U.N. official
- Rocky Mountain High Brands Announces Update on Private Label Agreement
- Mad Cow's 'Cock' questions views and labels on love, sexuality and relationships
- Common nail varnish ingredient could be making you gain weight
- World Technology Corp. Secures Toshiba Processor for Production of Helo Extense, its non-invasive Sugar Trend Monitoring Device
- Maine maple syrup, honey producers not so sweet on label change
- Maine maple syrup, honey producers sour on ‘added sugar’ label
- Caito Foods, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Fresh Cut Melon Products Because of Possible Health Risk