The artwork “My teacher” measuring 73×92 cm by painter Tran The Vinh that describes the Korean coach putting his hand over his heart for the Vietnamese national anthem before a match will be auctioned at a starting price of VND117 million (US$5,000).
All proceeds from the auction will be donated to activities of charities, including supporting young talent artists.
Coach Park Hang-seo led Vietnam defeated Malaysia 1-0 in the second leg of the AFF Suzuki Cup 2018 at Hanoi’s My Dinh on December 15 night. This is the second time Vietnam won the regional title after their maiden trophy in 2008.
In January, the Vietnamese government presented the Third Class Labour Medal to Head coach Park Hang-seo to acknowledge his contributions to Vietnam football and well performance in the finals of the AFC 2018 Championship.
By MINH AN – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Oil portrait of coach Park Hang-seo to be auctioned
- Park Hang-seo’s home adorned with Vietnamese football murals
- Diligent research by Bruce Wood of Woodshed Art Auctions propels Gainsborough oil portrait study to $103,125 at auction
- Korean coach to use rewarded money for charity activities
- National team coach donates USD100,000 for Vietnamese football development
- Mechanician makes portraits of Trump, Kim with thousands of screws
- Cohen to testify Trump used $60,000 from charitable organization to pay for self portrait
- Proceeds from auction of U23 team’s ball, jersey presented to poor districts
- Rembrandt in the Blood: An Obsessive Aristocrat, Rediscovered Paintings and an Art-World Feud