PUBLISHED: 10:23 17 December 2018 | UPDATED: 10:33 17 December 2018
This is the moment Harvey Martin shock hands with Gallal Sleiman, who pulled his slumped body through a car window and performed CPR to ‘save his life’ in Euston Road. Picture: Jonathan Martin
A 76-year-old minicab driver who had a heart attack at the wheel in King’s Cross embraced the man who saved his life yesterday.
Harvey Martin was driving a passenger to the Ritz hotel when he went into cardiac arrest at the Euston Road traffic lights outside the British Library on September 27.
Gallal Sleiman, 30, was in the car behind and came to his rescue. Harvey’s door was locked so Gallal hoisted him through the window before performing CPR on the pavement him while paramedics cut open his shirt and shocked his chest.
Speaking from his living room in Boreham Wood on Sunday, Harvey told this paper: “It’s strange and wonderful meeting this man who saved my life.
“After my operation, when I was coherent, I was talking to my surgeon and said ‘my chest hurts’.
“And he said ‘it should do, the man who gave your CPR smashed three ribs and that’s the best thing you could do’. I couldn’t believe it.
“He dragged me through the window of my car and now I see him I can see how he did it because he’s bigger than me.”
Harvey says the last thing he remembers before the heart attack was picking up a passenger from King’s Cross St Pancras.
This passenger is said to have taken the wheel when Harvey slumped against the dashboard, before steering the car to a standstill and flagging down and ambulance. But they didn’t stick around or leave any contact details.
Harvey, who’s worked for Addison Lee for the past seven years, had his last check up at on December 13 and has now been referred to Barnet Hospital for eight weeks of rehab.
Not only did Gallal meet Harvey on Sunday, but also all his close family, including his 99-year old mother Sadie.
“It’s just nice to see him up and well,” said Gallal. “Because obviously the last time I saw him he was on the floor. Now I can rest easy.
“It’s just overwhelming to be honest and I feel joy and happiness.
“We had a nice big hug but I didn’t break any ribs when I hugged him this time.
“It’s a great Christmas present.”
- Hero police dog knifed by thug as he bravely saved life of handler awarded medal
- Impotence rates DOUBLE as half of men under 50 suffer from erectile dysfunction
- Father whose heart stopped FIVE times on his 57th birthday is rescued by quick-thinking daughter, 37, who gave him CPR for half an hour – without any first aid training
- Hero goalkeeper helps England beat Colombia in FIRST EVER victorious World Cup penalty shootout as his childhood sweetheart looks on and tickets for Sweden quarter-final match sell for £700
- All 64 Stephen King Books, Ranked
- Who were the victims of the Westminster terror attack? PC Keith Palmer and Andreea Cristea among those killed by Khalid Masood
- Barcelona terror attack at iconic Las Ramblas tourist hotspot in Spain
- Buses across country to stop at same time today in memory of tragic hero driver
- Who were the London Bridge terror attack victims? What we know about those killed?
- Serial killer Ivan Milat takes his secrets to the grave as he dies from cancer in prison aged 74 while serving life term for killing seven backpackers - but refusing to confess to other murders
- Bloodied Tyson Fury defeats tough Otto Wallin on points – but suffers horror cut above right eye and is rushed to hospital for surgery
- Heroes tear down a metal fence and pull a car off a 68-year-old woman after an elderly driver 'hit the accelerator instead of brakes' and reversed into crowded netball court
- Hero Millwall fan reveals his injuries to The Sun after he stopped London Bridge jihadis attacking women and children in restaurant
- London Bridge attack – terrorist was freed to kill despite judge who jailed him saying he should NEVER be let out
- London Bridge hero who tackled terrorist revealed as convicted murderer on day release
- New Zealand shooting victims: All 50 worshippers killed in mosque terror attacks named
- Why would any woman sign up for a life in politics when this is how they’re treated?
- Killer is freed from prison despite being handed a life sentence for murdering mother-of-six neighbour in 'gruesome to the extreme' attack before dismembering her body 'like a butcher' and scattering her body parts
- My boob job was sending me blind: Public relations worker, 23, reveals how she suffered from blurred vision, slurred speech and crippling pain after $11k surgery
- German killer nurse sentenced to life for murdering patients
Minicab driver who suffered heart attack in King’s Cross embraces hero who ‘saved his life’ have 785 words, post on www.hamhigh.co.uk at December 17, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.