They are midfielders Tran Minh Vuong, Phan Thanh Hau and forward Dinh Thanh Binh from Hoang Anh Gai Lai, defender Nguyen Thanh Chung of Hanoi, defender Huynh Tan Sinh of Quang Nam and Ngo Tung Quoc from Binh Duong.
Vuong was dropped from the national team before the AFF Cup, while the latter are currently competing at the Thanh Nien Newspaper International U21 Football Tournament in Hue city, the central province of Thua Thien Hue.
They will gather with other teammates on December 20 in Hanoi to prepare for the Asian Cup 2019, which will run from January 5 to February 1 in the United Arab Emirates.
The Asian Cup will feature 24 teams for the first time in its history.
Vietnam are in Group D with Yemen, as well as two former champions Iran and Iraq.
Apart from the six group winners and runners-up (a total of 12 teams), the four best-performing third-placed sides will also qualify for the Round of 16.
Vietnam will meet Iraq on January 8, Iran on January 12 and Yemen on January 17.- VNA
- Coach Park calls 27 players for World Cup qualifiers
- List of 24 footballers announced ahead of Qatar training camp
- Australia, Iran, Japan, South Korea lead expanded field at '19 Asian Cup
- Vietnam’s tactics at 2019 Asian Cup, an analysis
- Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football
- Vietnam dreams big
- Vietnam vs Thailand: Fierce battle in the midfield