History The Soviet Union was the first country to recognize the independent Saudi state, the Kingdom of the Hejaz and Nejd and its Dependencies, which was renamed into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) in 1932. The two states established diplomatic relations on February 19, 1926. In 1938, due to the complicated domestic and foreign policy situation in the Soviet Union, as well as due to the change in Saudi Arabia’s foreign political orientation toward the West, the Soviet diplomatic mission in Jeddah was closed and the diplomatic relations were de facto cut off. READ MORE: Saudi Economist: It’s Convenient to Invest in Russia In 1990, the two countries agreed on resumption of diplomatic relations and on re-opening of diplomatic missions. The Russian Embassy in Riyadh was opened in May 1991, and the Consulate General in Jeddah has been working since April 1991. The Saudi Embassy opened in Moscow in December 1991. On December 30, 1991, Saudi Arabia recognized the Russian Federation as successor to the Soviet Union. The Russian-Saudi relations intensified in the early 2000s. Visits In September 2003, Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, who was the king of Saudi Arabia in 2005-2015, visited Moscow. © AFP 2018 / Ryad KramdiSaudi Arabia Mulls Investment in Russian Petrochemical PlantDuring the visit, the two governments signed several documents, including agreements on cooperation in the oil and gas industry, cooperation in culture and sports… Read full this story
- Is Formula E going to Saudi Arabia as good an idea as they want us to believe?
- Saudi Arabia: 1990-2017 Historical Data now available
- Juventus arrive in Saudi Arabia for controversial Super Cup clash with Milan
- Confirmed: Dakar 2020 will be held in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia to set up car manufacturing company – prototype of first car expected within two years
- Crisis infects soccer tournament as Qatar faces Saudi Arabia
- Pizzi quits after Saudi Arabia elimination
- Lebanon v Saudi Arabia: Pizzi feeling confident of 2019 Asian Cup success
- Saudi Arabia v North Korea: Pizzi warns past Asian Cup record 'counts for nothing'
- Golfers, European Tour facing tough questions ahead of controversial event in Saudi Arabia
Have a Deeper Look Into Russia-Saudi Arabia Bilateral Ties have 351 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 1, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.