The New Year is just around the corner, and with it brings a new focus: you.
Self care will be one of the biggest health trends of 2019, according to the Pinterest 100 – the fifth annual round up by the social media company of the top trends for the year ahead.
With 250 million monthly users, Pinterest has forecasted the biggest health, beauty and fitness trends of the coming year and has declared 2019 to be the year of self care with searches up by 140 per cent.
Below are 10 other health trends Pinterest predict to be big in 2019.
Searches for Bakuchiol (pronounced ‘buh-koo-chee-all’) went up by 275 per cent this year as it is a gentler, natural alternative to retinol – the current beauty buzzword. Bakuchial offers the same benefits of retinol without any side effects because it is completely plant-based. Expect to see Bakuchial become a staple on beauty lover’s shelves come 2019.
Pinterest saw searches for elderberry recipes rise by 685 per cent in the past year, and cites this is due to their anti-inflammatory benefits. Elderberries also help to keep immune systems strong which helps to ward off colds and flu and they can also help with bladder infections, allergies and digestive health. While cooked berries are safe to consume, uncooked elderberries can cause nausea.
3. Indoor workouts
The search for ‘band workouts’ grew by 1,913 per cent in 2018, according to Pinterest, meaning the at-home workout is more popular than ever. Resistance bands can help you to build muscle and improve your flexibility which make them a great accompaniment for at-home workouts.
4. Ginger Oil
Searches for ginger oil were up by 659 per cent this year as people were using it as a soothing oil for baths, massages and in food. They could be on to something as the benefits of ginger oil include treating an upset stomach, healing infections, aiding repertory problems, strengthening heart health and relieving anxiety.
5. Nutrition plans
Our nation is becoming more health conscious, it seems, as searches for ‘nutrition plans’ on Pinterest were up by 475 per cent this year. The NHS offer a free 12-week nutrition plan for anyone wishing to start off the New Year on a healthier foot.
6. Beeswax wraps
As the UK collectively moves towards a more eco-conscious mind set, we’re becoming more aware of the amount of single use plastic we use in our everyday lives. This could be why the search for beeswax wraps have risen by 146 per cent in the past year, as we move away from cling film into zero waste alternatives.
7. Sleep optimisation
Sleep can be hard to come by and most of us struggle to get enough of it. This could be why the search for sleep optimisation rose by 116 per cent in the past year, with results pointing to keeping a sleep log to help get a better sleep.
8. Sober living
Whether it’s the steep price of alcohol and clubbing in London or just a personal preference, the last decade has seen millennials become the ‘sober’ generation. A recent study revealed that 25 per cent of young people between 16 and 24 in the UK don’t drink, compared with 20 per cent of the broader adult population. Searches for ‘sober living’ on Pinterest went up by 746 per cent in the past year, as people opt for non-alcoholic alternatives.
9. Goat milk soap
Goat milk soap is on the rise in the beauty world as it’s easy to make (generally consisting of goat milk, coconut oil and olive oil) and offers a gentle, moisturising clean. It’s also packed with a number of vitamins and minerals and can nourish the skin while you clean, prevent acne and premature ageing and relieve irritation and inflammation.
10. Super powders
While the superfood craze of the last few years seems to have died down, ‘super powders’ like matcha and maca are here to stay. Searches for these are up by 144 per cent and they are a healthy addition to any smoothie or juice as they help to boost your metabolism and contain a number of antioxidants.
- Age is not the only risk for coronavirus disease, underlying health plays a big role
- Wild goats invade Welsh town of Llandudno as residents stay home to avoid coronavirus
- Big Ten Tournament Canceled In Indianapolis Amid Coronavirus
- Big-hearted Saigonese show mettle amid Covid-19
- From being obsessed with the gym to clean eating, three women reveal how their addiction to health made them unhealthy
- Everyday heroes of our NHS reduce star-studded crowd to tears on emotional night at The Sun’s 2019 health awards
- 4 steps Congress can take to help prevent the next big pandemic
- Upgrade your health with these 30 tips and transform your life in 30 days
- Meet the 'Antarctic king,' an unlikely fossil from 250 million years ago
- Ivanka Trump posts a cute video of her three kids washing their hands with pricey $39 hand soap while singing the alphabet - as she insists 'we ALL have a role to play to slow the spread'
- Coronation Street's Kym Marsh 'lands her first major TV role since quitting soap as she's cast in BBC anthology series The Syndicate'
- Inside the lives of Maisie Smith and young soap stars living with mum and dad as they cope with coronavirus lockdown
- Doctors turns 20: How the medical soap gave the likes of Fleabag's Phoebe Waller-Bridge, GoT star Emilia Clarke and The Crown's Claire Foy their first acting break during two decades on the BBC
- The safest place in Australia: Big Brother housemates throw a 'quarantine party' as producers go to extreme measures to prevent a COVID-19 outbreak on set
- EastEnders star Jasmine Armfield looks totally different to Bex Fowler after leaving soap
- After 'amavasya' tweet, Bachchan claims coronavirus spreads through flies, gets flak from netizens & Health Ministry
- Much-awaited Ramadan TV soaps struggle to keep cameras rolling ahead of holy month
- Coronavirus pandemic halts production of Ramadan soaps in the Middle East
- New Orleans is set to be new U.S. coronavirus epicenter after infections rise by 30% to 1,800 in 24 hours as Mardi Gras is blamed for the outbreak
- Fasten your seatbelts people as it looks like we're all set for a wild and hairy Celebrity Big Brother ride
Goat soap and 9 other health trends set to be big next year have 1004 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at December 11, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.