The Golden Bridge in Da Nang.
Of the total tourists to Vietnam’s central city, 4.7 million were domestic holidaymakers, an 11.2% increase 2017.
Arrivals by sea and air in the reviewed period recorded annual increases of 66% and 48.7% respectively.
Da Nang’s revenue from travel in 2018 is estimated at VN24 trillion (US$1.03 billion), representing an on-year jump of 23.3%.
Da Nang expects to welcome 8.19 million holidaymakers in 2019, a 6.9% increase from this year. Of the total visitors, over three million will be foreigners, representing an on-year increase of 11% and 5 million from across Vietnam, a 4.5% year on-year increase. The city’s revenue from tourism in 2019 is estimated at VND27.4 trillion (US$1.17 billion), representing an on-year rise of 13.9%.
Earlier, Da Nang has been ranked third among the top five under-the-radar destinations in the region where you can fly to for an adventure without stressing out, according to a list released by Channel News Asia, a Singaporean English language cable television..
“When you think of Vietnam, you think of either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. But somewhere in the middle, literally, sits this city from where you can head off to explore two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the picturesque old town of Hoi An and the Hindu temples of My Son,” Channel News Asia wrote.
Channel News Asia advises travelers that close to Da Nang are the famous Marble Mountains (Ngu Hanh Son), which have caves, tunnels and Buddhist shrines for the intrepid explorer to discover. If you’re up for it, you can even climb to the mountain peak for some amazing views.
Speaking of amazing views, one of Da Nang’s most recent hot destinations is tailor-made for Instagram: The Golden Bridge at Ba Na Hills, a pedestrian bridge that’s seemingly held by gigantic hands. the TIME magazine recently cited it as one of the “World’s Greatest Places” to check out.
- Down memory lane, March 23 2018
- FROM OUR FILES, March 23 2018
- National Lottery Results – Lotto Winning Numbers for tonight's jackpot (Wednesday May 23 2018)
- National Lottery Results – Lotto Winning Numbers for tonight's jackpot (Saturday June 23 2018)
- Guam school announcements: Education Update, July 23, 2018
- The Waugh Zone Monday July 23, 2018
- Western Mail letters: Monday, April 23, 2018
- Xi Vows to Ease Foreign Ownership in Financial Firms in 2018
- 11% growth in revenue from foreign tourists in December 2017-February 2018
- Derby County's Under-23 2018-19 fixtures released