AMERICAN comedian Louis CK has been blasted by families of the Parkland school shooting for mocking the student activists who have become vocal advocates of stricter gun laws.
Seventeen people were killed when Nikolas Cruz, a 19-year-old expelled ex-student, opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Valentine’s Day.
In the wake of the tragedy, a group of students set up the campaign group March For Our Lives to campaign for tighter gun control measures.
In a stand-up show in New York earlier this month Louis CK ridiculed those pupils who have become anti-gun activists.
He told the audience: “They testify in front of Congress, these kids. What the f***? What are you doing? You’re young.
“You should be crazy, you should be unhinged – not in a suit saying: ‘I’m here to tell …’
“F*** you. You’re not interesting because you went to a high school where kids got shot.”
The comic added: “Why does that mean I have to listen to you? How does that make you interesting? You didn’t get shot.
“You pushed some fat kid in the way, and now I’ve got to listen to you talking?”
The sound-only recording was posted yesterday in a since-removed YouTube video that said it was from a December 16 stand-up set at the Governor’s comedy club in Levittown, New York.
Survivors of the shooting have blasted the controversial comedian for his stand-up routine.
The 51-year-old disappeared from public life after admitting to sexual misconduct including masturbating in front of women in November last year.
But since August he has been making unannounced appearances at comedy clubs.
Ryan Deitsch tweeted: “It’s a shame when you sink so low that your comeback plan is to make fun of school shooting survivors for speaking out.”
Another survivor, Sofie Whitney, said he “must be really intimidated by us kids”.
Alex Wind said the audience members who could be heard laughing and clapping at Louis CK’s jokes were “just as much at fault”.
Delaney Tarr, who had to hide in a cupboard from the gunman, added: “Leave Louis CK in 2018. We’re not taking this energy into 2019. Thank you.”
Fred Guttenberg, whose daughter Jamie was killed in the shooting, called the comic “pathetic.”
He tweeted: “To anyone who knows Louis CK, please deliver this message for me.
“My daughter was killed in the Parkland shooting. My son ran from the bullets. My wife and I deal with loss everyday. Why don’t you come to my house and try out your new pathetic jokes?”
In his set Louis CK also mocked young people identifying as gender neutral and people with learning difficulties.
He complained how kids today were “f***ing boring” saying they “should be crazy, unhinged, fingering each other and doing shots”.
Joking the sexual misconduct controversy had shown him who his real friends were, the comic said: “People say that like it’s a good thing. That’s not a good thing. That’s a horrible experience.
“Who the f*** wants to know who your real friends are? I liked having a bunch of fake friends and not knowing who was who.”
NEW YEAR’S FREEZE
‘Beast from the East’ to return to UK with SNOWSTORM and 70mph gales
Rotten flesh, pus-filled sores & painful death – the Krokodil craze hitting UK
Mystery footballer ‘caught undertaking cops & doing 125mph in his £150k Mercedes’
CRUNCHING THE NUMBERS
Lottery winner who scooped £4m reveals she spends £6,500 a month
KILLED WITH A PUNCH
Man, 25, dies after being ‘punched to the ground’ outside Towie bar
Kate waited until Meghan left before going on Christmas hunt with own shotgun
He told the audience he lost “millions and millions” of dollars: “You don’t tell people you have $35m. But you can tell them you lost $35m, because that s*** is hilarious.”
Despite the criticism James Dolce, owner of Governor’s Comedy Club, defended his decision to host Louis CK.
He told The Daily Beast: “He brought the house down. He’s a genius.”
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Columbine High School Shootings Fast Facts
- What to Know About David Hogg, School Shooting Survivor Calling Florida Spring Break Boycott
- 1 Dead, 8 Shot After Gunfire Erupts at Alabama High School Graduation Party
- Former 49ers Assistant Coach Prevents School Shooting by Tackling Gunman to Protect Students
- High School Hosts Vigil For Three Accident Victims
- Parkland Students, Families Fly to Gun Control March in D.C. on New England Patriots’ Plane
- Christchurch shootings – Boy, three, feared dead among victims of New Zealand mosque terror attacks as family pays tribute
- Family blame smoking pot and drinking heavily for Chattanooga gunman's troubles and say he spent five months in Jordan to escape 'bad influences'
- 49 People Killed in 'Terrorist' Mass Shootings at 2 Mosques in New Zealand
- Teen arrested in fatal shooting of Wisconsin doctor, husband
- Is Louis C.K. On Twitter? Fake Account Tweets After Comedian's Leaked Audio About Parkland Shooting
- Can a Gun Victim and a Gun Advocate Change Each Other’s Minds?
- Evil gunman Brenton Tarrant, 29, pleads GUILTY to murdering 51 Muslims during Christchurch mosque massacre
- One Year After the Santa Fe Shooting Massacre a Victim's Mom Looks Back on That Terrible Day
- The roots of the Christchurch mosque massacre gunman
- Remembering the 11 Slain in Synagogue Massacre: 'We've All Just Been Crying Endlessly'
- Hillary Clinton Meets With Sandy Hook Families, Vows to Push for Gun Control Within Second Amendment
- Shooting Rampage at Oregon College Leaves 10 Dead, 7 Injured
- What to Know About Delaney Tarr, Fla. Shooting Survivor Who Told Lawmakers: 'We Are Coming After You'
- Christchurch shootings: Brenton Tarrant pleads guilty to 51 murders
Families of high school shooting victims slam comedian Louis CK for mocking massacre that killed 17 have 959 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 31, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.