A British lawmaker investigating fake news and social media on Wednesday released 223 pages of internal communication from 2012 to 2015 between high-level employees, including founder and Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg, provide new evidence of previously aired contentions that Facebook has picked favorites and engaged in anti-competitive behavior. The documents show that Facebook tracked growth of competitors and denied them access to user data available to others. In 2014, the company identified about 100 apps as being either “Mark’s friends” or “Sheryl’s friends” and also tracked how many apps were spending money on Facebook ads, according to the documents, referring to Zuckerberg and Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg. The insight into the thinking of Facebook executives over that period could invite new regulatory scrutiny into its business practices. Facebook said it stood by its deliberations and decisions, but noted that it would relax one “out-of-date” policy that restricted competitors’ use of its data. One document said such competitor apps had previously needed Zuckerberg’s approval before using tools Facebook makes available to app developers. Zuckerberg wrote in a post on Wednesday that the company could have prevented the Cambridge Analytica data breach scandal had it cracked down on app developers a… Read full this story
- Facebook says 50M user accounts affected by security breachYou may also be interested in...
- Facebook says 50M user accounts affected by security breach
- Facebook trims data breach to 29 million users as FBI probes
- Brits fine Facebook over data handling
- EU consumer chief 'impatient' with Facebook over data
- Facebook now allows users to add songs to photos videos
- Absentee ballot deadline nearing for primary, first with more ‘user friendly’ voting machines
- Should you hand over your Fitbit data to your insurance company?
- Facebook 'shamed' LGBT users with 'gay cure' ads
- Facebook glitch told user anti-Muslim posts were removed when they were not
Facebook gave data on user's friends to certain companies: documents have 316 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.