She plays a seductress in the new Netflix series Tidelands.
And Madeleine Madden, 21, has revealed the surprising way she prepared for her sexually-charged role in the gripping drama.
Speaking to Daily Mail Australia, the 21-year-old said she would watch Thandie Newton’s scenes from Westworld to get into her ‘sexual, scheming’ character.
Scroll down for video
EXCLUSIVE: ‘I watched it in my trailer before going on set’: Tidelands star Madeleine Madden (pictured) has revealed the surprising way she prepared for her sexually-charged scenes
In the series, Madeleine plays the young revolutionary Violca, who is from the community of half-human, half siren Tidelanders.
‘I drew a lot of inspiration from Thandie Newton’s Maeve Millay from Westworld,’ said Madeleine.
‘I would watch snippets of her in my trailer before going on to set everyday to try and really get as much of that kind of sexual and scheming [character].’
Inspiration: Speaking to Daily Mail Australia, the 21-year-old said she would watch Thandie Newton’s scenes from Westworld to get into her ‘sexual, scheming’ character
Madeleine’s muse: Thandie Newton plays brothel madam Maeve Millay (pictured) in Westworld
While Madeleine is no stranger to racy performances (she featured in a lesbian storyline in Picnic at Hanging Rock), the actress said sexual scenes are ‘never easy’.
‘When there’s a scene where you may feel vulnerable, there needs to be trust between your co-workers, directors and writers,’ she said. ‘I think that really makes a difference to how you feel on set.’
Madeleine’s co-star Mattias Inwood also said that the intimate scenes were sometimes ‘bizarre’ to film.
He said: ‘Everyone respects that it’s a bizarre environment to be in and a vulnerable position to be in. At the end of the day, it’s storytelling, it’s part of the narrative and it serves its purpose of telling a story.’
‘There needs to be trust’: While Madeleine is no stranger to racy performances (she featured in a lesbian storyline in Picnic at Hanging Rock), the actress said sexual scenes are ‘never easy’
Sirens! Madeleine’s character Violca (right) is part of the mysterious Tidelanders species, led by the ruthless and seductive Adrielle (left), played by Elsa Pataky
Madeleine’s character is part of the mysterious Tidelanders species, led by the ruthless and seductive Adrielle, played by Elsa Pataky.
The show centres around the mysterious appearance of a body that washes ashore in the small fishing village of Orphelin Bay.
Tidelands – the first Australian original series for Netflix – debuts on December 14
Coming soon! Tidelands – Australia’s first original series for Netflix – debuts on December 14
- ‘The Last of Us’ Voice Cast Talk Movie; ‘Remastered’ Gets Launch Trailer
- E3 2016: all the games, news and trailers – everything in one place E3 2016 – all the press conferences, news and games
- E3 2017: all the games, news and trailers from the biggest show of the year
- Review: Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
- Super Mario 3D World guide: World 3 – all levels beaten, all green stars
- The Ultimate Warrior Exclusive Interview
- OXM’s New Game Reveal: Which One Will It Be?
- Video Game Trailer Roundup: May 11
- Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Highlights Heroes and Villains
- Xbox One: ‘Crimson Dragon’ Trailer & ‘Dead Rising 3’ Screenshots From TGS
- OPINION 3 Ways Corporate Culture can Crush CRM
- ‘Star Trek’ Trailer and Concept Art Beams In
- Homefront: The Revolution Reveals New Trailer At Gamescom 2015
- ‘LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean’ Trailer Highlights ‘Dead Man’s Chest’
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands Trailer Introduces the Ghosts
- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Reveal & Trailer
- Overwatch Livestream Reveals New Short, Skin, and Map Details
- 15 games that could surprise us at E3 2017
- Buy or Sell: Watch Dogs, Wii U, E3 Press Conferences, More
- From Super Mario Odyssey to Pokemon Stars and Super Smash Bros: predictions for Nintendo at E3 2017
EXCLUSIVE: 'I watched it in my trailer before going on set': Tidelands star Madeleine Madden reveals the surprising way she prepared for her sexually-charged scenes have 665 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 12, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.