Tweet In this episode I talk to Michele Loi. Michele is a political philosopher turned bioethicist turned digital ethicist. He is currently (2017-2020) working on two interdisciplinary projects, one of which is about the ethical implications of big data at the University of Zurich. In the past, he developed an ethical framework of governance for the Swiss MIDATA cooperative (2016). He is interested in bringing insights from ethics and political philosophy to bear on big data, proposing more ethical forms of institutional organization, firm behavior, and legal-political arrangements concerning data. We talk about how you can use Rawls’s theory of justice to evaluate the role of dominant tech platforms (particularly Facebook) in modern life. You download the show here or listen below. You can also subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher (the RSS feed is here). Show Notes 0:00 – Introduction 1:29 – Why use Rawls to assess data platforms? 2:58 – Does the analogy between data and oil hold up to scrutiny? 7:04 – The First Key Idea: Rawls’s Basic Social Structures 11:20 – The Second Key Idea: Dominant Tech Platforms as Basic Social Structures 15:02 – Is Facebook a Dominant Tech Platform? 19:58 – How Zuckerberg’s recent memo highlights… Read full this story
- Unfit To Print Episode 52: Biden Busted In Flynn Unmasking Scandal
- Extreme climate events that killed 50 MILLION people through drought and famine in the 19th century could happen again, scientists warn
- James Charles "Farted at Least 50 Times" While Filming
- Tina Fey Is 50, So Here Are 50 Great Tina Fey Moments
- Reese Witherspoon performs aerobic routine and a high kick as she reveals excitement for the next episode of Little Fires Everywhere
- Lost Doctor Who episode The Doomsday Contract which sees Earth face annihilation finally rebooted after 50 years
- The Bachelor runner-up Abbie Chatfield, 24, reveals she's had STIs in the past - and boasts about having sex with over 50 people
- Kapil Sharma apologises to Kayastha community for ‘hurting sentiments’ in an episode of The Kapil Sharma Show
- 50 games to buy during the Steam Winter Sale
- Nicole Kidman at 50: 'I still try to conduct myself with the abandon of a 21-year-old'
Episode #50 have 350 words, post on philosophicaldisquisitions.blogspot.com at December 21, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.