That is according to new accounts for the Grafton Street store which show that the business enjoyed bumper sales in the first two months of opening in December 2017.
The store was opened to much fanfare with a queue of over 500 shoppers – mainly women – waiting outside the 2,700 sq metre store on December 5th 2017.
As the ribbon was cut at 10am on December 5th, patient Victoria’s Secret enthusiasts were chanting ‘VS Dublin’ and that enthusiasm has translated into hard cash for the lingerie retailer.
New accounts for L Brands Fashion Retail Reland Ltd show that the business enjoyed revenues of €3.88m between opening day on December 5th last to February 3rd of this year.
This translates to average weekly sales of €456,470 per week or €64,666 per day taking into account the store’s closure for Christmas Day during the period.
The Victoria’s Secret business enjoys a global profile boosted by its annual Victoria Secrets show featuring Victoria Secrets models, Bella Hadid, Kendall Kardashian, Adriana Lima and Gigi Hadid.
The Grafton St store business recorded an operating profit of €389,000 in the year to February 3rd last and interest payments of €381,000 resulted in a modest pre-tax profit of €8,000.
Along with lingerie, the store sells beauty and personal care products and accessories under the Victoria Secret and Victoria’s Secret PINK retail brands.
With late night opening to 9pm and 10pm most nights of the week currently at the store, the directors state that they are seeking opportunities to maximise sales in Ireland.
The US retailer is in the high profile retail location previously enjoyed by BT2 and the new accounts show that the retailer spent €2.076m -or €39,169 per week – on lease costs over the 53 week period.
However, the rental costs for the Grafton Street store will represent only loose change for the global L Brands business which enjoys worldwide sales of $12.63bn in the 53 weeks to the end of February 3rd 2018.
The company operates 3,075 company-owned specialty stores in the United States, Canada, the UK, China and here and its brands are sold in more than 800 additional franchised locations worldwide.
The accounts show that on May 12th of this year, the business received a cash injection of €12m from its parent firm and receiving a cash injection of €4.5m in the 12 months to the end of January 2017.
On February 3rd last year, the company had shareholder funds of €4.5m while its cash pile totalled €13m. The value of the firm’s tangible assets had increased from €1.67m to €20.6m last year.
The directors’ report for the Dublin firm states that the principal risk faced by the company is the ability to effectively execute day to day store operations in accordance with company instructions to satisfy customer demand.
IT states that the company must focus on retaining and developing the best talent to ensure that it effectively supports the business and meets customer needs.
- Victoria Beckham teams a bright top with contrasting tweed skirt as she enjoys night out in NYC... after revealing the 'secret sauce' that keeps her marriage to David alive
- Five Secrets of Affiliate Marketing For Today's Economy
- The Perfect Self Employment Solution - Your Own Work From Home Business
- Why You Won't Sleep Tonight Until You Discover 5 Secrets to Gain New Customers
- MLM Companies - The Big Secret MLM Companies Don't Want You to Know
- Starting a Business With Melaleuca Inc - Should I Join? - An Honest Experienced Review
- eBay Secrets - Learn How to Start an eBay Business That Allows You to Quit Your Day Job!
- Social Networking - How to Connect With Your Group in Less Than Fifteen Minutes a Day
- How to cook a week's worth of food for less than $40: Nutrition coach, 30, reveals her summer meal prepping secrets - and her go-to 'perfect salad' recipe
- Five Tips on How to Outsmart This Economy in Your Network Marketing Business
- Ebook Publishing Revealed - How to Make Boatloads of Cash From Your Own Publishing Business
- Affiliate Program Review - Is This the Easiest Home Business Ever?
- Online Money Making - How to Earn Through an Online Business
- MLM Strategy - The Secret Ingredient to Network Marketing Success
- Ebusiness Solutions - Make Money, Improve Service and Limit Costs by Expanding Your Business Online
- Discover the Secrets of How to Make Money Online Fast Through Selling 'Stuff'!
- Postcard Marketing Model #7 - Inspire Customer Loyalty and Spark Repeat Business
- Your Pet As a Secret Weapon
- eBay Profits Secrets - What to Sell on eBay If You Want to Stuff Your Pockets With Money
- Get Your Business Online - Why You Need to Learn More About Web Hosting & Domain Names
Dublin Victoria's Secret store made €64k a day in first two months of business have 755 words, post on www.independent.ie at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.