Da Nang city, Vietnam.
You can say “goodbye” to Ho Chi Minh City and hello to Da Nang, wrote Finder. Located in Vietnam’s north, low-cost carriers like AirAsia and Jetstar can get you there on the cheap, and from this city, it’s an hour’s drive to Hoi An, a beautiful town well-worth your time, according to the website.
“It might be the call of an alternate city or it might be the cheap flights – either way, Skyscanner has seen a 23% increase in searches for trips from Australia to Da Nang between 2017 and 2018. That’s saying something,” Finder wrote.
Da Nang has beautiful beaches. Split your time between both (because you can) and take the fast route by taxi between each. These are quite inexpensive, so it won’t blow too much of that budget.
Lisbon tops the Finder’s list, followed by Malta, Turkey, Jordan, Japan, Da Nang, Perth, The Netherlands, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Durban, South Africa, Bacalar, Mexico.
Earlier, Da Nang city was the most popular summer vacation destination in 2018, a shift from last year’s preference for Japanese cities, according to a list released by Ticket Monster (TMON), a South Korea online shopping mall.
Flight ticket sales from the July to August period showed Da Nang as the top foreign travel location, up three places from last year. Travel in the city is relatively cheap, about USD $90 per day, and is a manageable distance from South Korea, about four and a half hour flight, Yonhap reported.
Accordingly, TMON sales data show a growing preference for places that offer hotel, resort, shopping and tourism activities altogether. Japanese destinations fell from last year’s rankings. Osaka, Fukuoka and Tokyo, the previous top three, fell to the second, third and sixth places, respectively.
Da Nang city welcomed more than 3.2 million visitors in the first five months of 2018, a year-on-year rise of 30.4%, according to the Da Nang Department of Tourism. The number included 1.3 million foreign visitors.
- Da Nang among best travel destinations for 2019: The New York Times
- Da Nang a top summer destination for Hong Kong travelers
- Vietnam’s Hoi An emerges as hot travel destination, again
- Australian Finder chooses Da Nang among global destinations of 2019
- Move over Bali, Phuket: Da Nang is Southeast Asia's top beach destination
- Da Nang city kicks off programme to promote tourism
- Da Nang a top pick to ring in New Year for South Koreans: Agoda
- Da Nang int’l food fest to get top chefs from 13 countries
- Agoda: Da Nang a top pick to ring in New Year for South Koreans