Leicestershire’s Charnwood Brewery has launched its first ever micropub.
The Sorrel Fox has opened in Leicester Road, Mountsorrel.
It aims to be at the heart of the community, providing good quality beer and a place where people can meet and chat.
Charnwood Brewery was started by Andrew and Andrea Reed in December 2014, with the idea of producing fantastic beers to sell to pubs, bars and restaurants in the local area.
They always wanted to sell their beer to the best pub in a village or area, and where that wasn’t possible, they would consider opening their own outlet.
Now, four years after opening the brewery, they have opened their first micropub.
Andrew and Andrea were keen to create a comfortable place where people could meet for a drink.
The decor of the pub has been taken care of by Andrea, who carefully selected colours and materials.
There’s a log burner, which adds a cosy feel to the place, and all the lights are on dimmers to create the right atmosphere for the right time of day.
The Sorrel Fox will sell a range of Charnwood’s real ales and craft beers.
On cask will be Vixen, Salvation, Carousel, and Rainbow Fox (brewed to support the work of the local hospice).
In keg will be Black Fox Stout and the multi award-winning American Pale Ale.
A small but well thought out range of wines supplied mainly by George Hill Wine Merchants in Loughborough.
The pub is for over 18s only, but four legged friends are welcome on a lead.
You’ll find the pub at 75 Leicester Road, Mountsorrel.
Have you tried eating here?
We want you to be able to get your news whenever and however you want it.
And if you download our app, you can sign up for push notifications, which means you’ll get alerts about the biggest breaking news stories.
- Philadelphia Brewer Learns Valuable Lesson After Human Robot Brewery Safe Broken Into
- Pub reveller ‘knocked for six’ after being charged over £18 for two pints in Scotland
- Fuller's takes £48m hit from the pandemic as pubs shut their doors in lockdown
- Inside the village pub with resident ghosts and network of hidden tunnels
- Wetherspoons axing steaks and 43 other items from menu when pubs reopen in April
- Brits brave the wind and rain for first Friday night back inside pubs since lockdown
- Rules for pubs and restaurants explained as hospitality opens for serving indoors
- Wetherspoons lifts lid on how its 875 pubs will run after lockdown
- Bloke camps outside pub with beer to make sure he gets a pint as boozers reopen
- Mum disgusted after being served 'raw meat' burger at upmarket pub for £13.50
- Quick-thinking punter saves dog from death after pet falls out of pub window
- Pub launches airline trolley to serve guests to spark in-flight holiday feeling
- Furious pub couple charged £1.6k to clear car park fly-tip that wasn't their rubbish
- Devon pub becomes sex bar equipped with 'bondage dungeon' and 'playrooms' for 30 revellers
- Exclusive: Pubs and clubs that enforce vaccine passports could open fully during Covid surges
- Bank holiday opening hours: Is the Post Office open today?
- Beavertown Brewery is opening its first ever pub in Tottenham, London
- ON TAP: Brew Pubs Everywhere Around Chesco
- River Hawk Brewery Offers Craft Beer, Wine Specials
- ON TAP: Favorite Breweries In Downingtown
Brewery opens its first ever pub and we've been inside have 635 words, post on www.leicestermercury.co.uk at December 6, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.