Eyeing history: Mohamed Salah celebrates as Liverpool beat Newcastle 4-0 to open up a six-point Premier League lead. (Photo: AFP/Paul Ellis) For a long time a new year visit to Manchester City on Jan 3 had the makings of a title decider, but Liverpool now have margin for error with a six-point lead at the top of the table. Tottenham are Liverpool’s closest challengers with City slipping down to third and seven points adrift after three defeats in their last four league games. That is more than the six points Liverpool have dropped all season so far as Jurgen Klopp’s men remain unbeaten. “What we said as well is that we want to create our own history. We are the first Liverpool team in the Premier League to be unbeaten in 19 matches – a little history and a nice step,” said Klopp after a 4-0 thrashing of Newcastle on Boxing Day. Much more significant history awaits, particularly if Liverpool are still unbeaten come the end of a frantic festive period. “We have to win our games, we have to be focused, we need to be really in the mood with having tunnel vision,” added Klopp. “That’s really important and… Read full this story
- Mourinho says Man City ‘disrespectful’ in documentary
- Familial DNA testing in New York sidestepped by experts claiming more input needed
- Who is Craig Turner? Meet the man behind the Rupp renovation and new city hall plan.
- Houston City Council weighs launch of new home construction program
- CMT Renews ‘Music City’ for Season 2, Orders New Reality Show ‘Racing Wives’
- Matter of when Man City wins title and how many records fall
- Runaway leader Man City rampant with 101 goals in 2017
- Encarnacion’s walk off walk helps ‘Cats split double header
- Man City beat Newcastle 1-0 and move 15 points clear in EPL
- Panera is testing a new menu item: The double bread bowl
Arsenal, Man City double header tests Liverpool"s new tag as title favourites have 329 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 27, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.