If MPs reject the government’s Brexit deal next Tuesday, there will be a whirlwind of political activity like nothing the UK has witnessed for generations. Although it is hard to predict exactly how things will unfold, a people’s vote will ultimately be the main game in town – not least because, by passing a momentous amendment on Tuesday, MPs took back control of Brexit from the prime minister. But before then, there will be multiple twists and turns. Here’s a guide to the drama ahead, based on an analysis of what Labour, Theresa May and other players will do. What will Labour do? Keir Starmer told the shadow cabinet last week that they should “move quickly through the gears” if it defeated the government’s deal. The first gear would be to launch a vote of no confidence in the prime minister. It seems likely that this vote will fail, because hard Brexit Conservative MPs won’t want to bring down their own government however much they hate the deal. They must know that fighting a general election when they are split in so many ways on the most important issue facing the country is a recipe for losing badly. There is,… Read full this story
- Brexit deal vote will go ahead despite speculation, insists May
- Theresa May no-confidence vote live – Latest news as PM vows to fight on ahead of nail-biting ballot tonight
- Watch live: Theresa May survives confidence vote on leadership by 83 votes
- Theresa May pulls Brexit deal vote as she heads back to Brussels
- Trump Calls His Theresa May Brexit Criticism 'Fake News'
- Brexit vote latest news: Brexiteers and DUP reject Theresa May's deal amid growing calls for a general election
- Brexit latest news: Vote on Theresa May's deal up in the air as rivals eye leadership challenge
- Brexit deal vote: When is the third vote in Parliament, and is there any chance will pass?
- Theresa May's deal 'threatens national security' says former head of MI6
- Would you back Theresa May in a vote of confidence?
Analysis: The potential scenarios if Theresa May’s Brexit deal is voted down have 354 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.