Back to English Comments Economy – December 28, 2018 | 08:24 am GMT+7 The first quarter saw record-breaking VN-Index growth, but the market plunged to its worst post-2008 crisis performance soon after. With a 48 percent increase in 2017 to end with 984.24 points, the VN-Index was ranked among the highest growth indexes in the world. As such, early reports assessing market prospects for this year expected the VN-Index to continue its double-digit growth this year to reach 1,120 or even 1,250 points.The first two months of 2018 showed that these projections were not unfounded, with the Index quickly passing the 1,000 and 1,100 milestones. Consecutively in February and March, Vietnam stood among stock markets with the strongest growth in the world, along with Brazil, Russia and Argentina, with a staggering 200 points increase in the first quarter.By the end of March, for the first time in a decade, it had met its pre-crisis 2007 peak at 1,171 points. Less than half a month later, on April 9, it climbed to 1,204 points, its highest figure ever.The higher you go…However, the soaring index and stock prices turned out to a flash in the pan in the context of 2018 performance as… Read full this story
- Stock market sinks to yet another low
- Stock market slips to another low
- Equitisation vital for stock market growth
- Coronavirus Impact: Stock market investors lose Rs 12 lakh crore in 6 trading sessions
- Big banks, construction firms lead stock market gains
- Equitisation vital for VN stock market growth
- China to allow pension fund to invest in stock market for first time
- Is the Fed a pawn of the stock market?
- The Coronavirus Stock Market Rollercoaster Isn’t Stopping Anytime Soon
- Trump Faces the Same China Dilemma As Ever: He Loves China Tariffs, But the Stock Market Hates Them
2018: a turbulent year for Vietnam stock market - VnExpress International have 298 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.