On New Year’s Eve, British people often gather into huge crowds along the Thames river as the Big Ben strikes 12 times. Together they watch beautiful fireworks display from the London Eye. The English custom for welcoming New Year is full of hospitality and warmth. They believe that the first guest for the year would bring fortune for them. He should be a male, should enter through the front door and bear some traditional gifts like loaf for the kitchen, drink for the head of the family and coal to light the fire, otherwise he is not allowed. They believe that these bring good luck throughout the year. According to French traditions, a special dinner to welcome the New Year will bring in prosperity and good luck to the lives of all those attending the feast. It’s time for them to gather, enjoy the feast and exchange best wishes for the New Year. Eating 12 grapes at every stroke of the clock as it strikes 12 on the New Year eve is a very interesting tradition followed among the Spanish during the New Year. Each grape is meant for each of the 12 months and traditionally it is believed that… Read full this story
- Culture-Tourism Village to host assorted activities to welcome New Year 2019
- HCM City to set off fireworks to welcome New Year
- Throwback Thursday: Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh to Ranbir Kapoor-Alia Bhatt - here’s how B-town celebrated New Year in 2018
- Kelly Legal Group Welcomes New Associate Attorney Evan Bitto
- Auction Featuring Memorabilia From 1960 World Series MVP Bill Mazeroski Scheduled For New Year’s Day
- Fireworks scheduled for HCM City New Year
- Skies above HCM City to light up to welcome in the New Year
- Slipped up on your New Year diet? 'I lost 10st by cutting myself some slack'
- Vietnam Airlines to put 70,000 tickets on offer at VND199,000 for Lunar New Year
- Trump needs a better response to Kim Jong Un's New Year's resolution
10 unique customs to welcome New Year worldwide have 337 words, post on english.vov.vn at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.